Water Sprayed in Engine Bay - Car Issues & Can't Pass Smog

thalo

Respected
Ok guys get ready for a super long one or semi.
My problem all started when I was just trying to fix one little simple issue of a part that was a fuel filter and adding in transmission fluided then I found out it was a hose that got rip so i replace that as well.I then walked off and my friend (ex friend now) that is an arabic guy that works at tesla motors (watch out guys) .And yes i shouldnt have let him be alone near my car but he kept saying to trust him and he knows what he is doing and apperently hes a toyota lover so i guess i got a terrorist attack on my car? anyway all joke and bs aside he fd up my car and deny all responsibility like an a ho that he is and a real live jerk.He took water and sprayed it all over parts under my hood not covering electrical none of that or the d cap i end up having to change my radiater,my d cap, my spark plug wires, my spark plug and i even hired a mechanic from your mechanic.com dude could only do so much.I'm not rich or anything my ex friend pretty much left me in a chit hole and screwed me over saying him and his brothers do it all the time to their toyota nothing is wrong- note that car that they did it to is a toyota and its final direction that it can only drive to is reverse it doesnt go in D and its sitting in their garage fd up? Any way the point im at now is I cant pass smog because homeboy also messed up my bar lost the screw and he used a flat head to adjust the icv and messed with my throttle where the cable is and everyone of my other friends i go to yell at me like its my fault.

I went to try to smog it at chinatown 76 gas station and the indian guy there was smog testing my car well he had 3 cars so he worked on them told me turn off my car give him paper give him keys so i did.I walked around came back after like 1hr and 30mins he finallly warm up my car for 1 min slap it on the testing and did the test it failed the hc and it failed the co but pass the no. He then blame me for not warming up the car long enough to do the test and he tinkered under my hood charged me extra and still failed me. ( ummmm.... how can i warm up the car longer if he had the keys for my car roll around on top of it make love to it?Rub the headlights gaze into the wonderful headlight eyes? how? isnt he the professional shouldnt he have thought of that n help me out?)Wow people in this era man Common sense is not so common is it anymore? Big rock smash little rock? Sorry guys I just been getting d slap all over the place so please understand my pain and i know my writing is an eyesore but its all i got left inside me to deliver this to you in hope you will find a way to help me im just another victim.

I went to smog again the second time ohhhhh my goodness now my car shakes to the point it wont pass test I put seafoam spray in my brake valve thing hose to clean it out and i even open up the raidater cap to make bubble go out etc I believe its my idle and throttle because it shakes when my idle goes low it goes so low whenever i step on the brake when i have it on D at a light my car stays on but rattles and everyone looks at me like hey hes driving an old piece of chit about to die hahaha but they have a huge crazy dent themself and they laugh at me wow of some of them look at me from a bus stop laughing at me and yes i am the one with a car n they r not? well ok the world is wonderful.

Please help me understand how to fix my car i can not offord another crazy bill with no help i want to understand my car better adjusting the ICV flat head screw and the throttle rope two nut screw either move two screw left is higher or lower my thing idle at way under the big bold 1 sometimes even at like 300 if that bold 1 is a 1k please please fellow honda lovers i love my car and want it back to life please help me save my car i dont want it to retire and die like this.Thank you so much in advance and please real helping comments only.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic!

Lets take a step back. First and foremost, what trim / engine do you have?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the TL;DR version of your issue, is that someone sprayed water all up in your engine bay, and now it runs like s**t? Was the car on when he did this?

Is your CEL on?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You wrote a book and still managed not to include helpful details, such as which Civic you have. If you expect to receive help please think things through first then write clear lyand to the point or people will not read this needlessly long rant. FYI, everything I highlighted in red is useless.

Ok guys get ready for a super long one or semi.
My problem all started when I was just trying to fix one little simple issue of a part that was a fuel filter and adding in transmission fluided then I found out it was a hose that got rip so i replace that as well.I then walked off and my friend (ex friend now) that is an arabic guy that works at tesla motors (watch out guys) .And yes i shouldnt have let him be alone near my car but he kept saying to trust him and he knows what he is doing and apperently hes a toyota lover so i guess i got a terrorist attack on my car? anyway all joke and bs aside he fd up my car and deny all responsibility like an a ho that he is and a real live jerk.He took water and sprayed it all over parts under my hood not covering electrical none of that or the d cap i end up having to change my radiater,my d cap, my spark plug wires, my spark plug and i even hired a mechanic from your mechanic.com dude could only do so much.I'm not rich or anything my ex friend pretty much left me in a chit hole and screwed me over saying him and his brothers do it all the time to their toyota nothing is wrong- note that car that they did it to is a toyota and its final direction that it can only drive to is reverse it doesnt go in D and its sitting in their garage fd up? Any way the point im at now is I cant pass smog because homeboy also messed up my bar lost the screw and he used a flat head to adjust the icv and messed with my throttle where the cable is and everyone of my other friends i go to yell at me like its my fault.
You replaced a fuel filter, added tranny fluid, and changed an unspecified hose all with no explanation as to why. You're now-ex-friend sprayed water around your engine bay, with no specified reason as to why. This led you to deciding to change the radiator, distributor cap, spark plug wires and plugs but you did not explain at all why. I have no idea what you mean by "messed up my bar". The IACV is not adjustable so you must mean your idle adjustment was improperly adjusted as was your throttle cable, which can both easily be readjusted if you researched it.

I went to try to smog it at chinatown 76 gas station and the indian guy there was smog testing my car well he had 3 cars so he worked on them told me turn off my car give him paper give him keys so i did.I walked around came back after like 1hr and 30mins he finallly warm up my car for 1 min slap it on the testing and did the test it failed the hc and it failed the co but pass the no. He then blame me for not warming up the car long enough to do the test and he tinkered under my hood charged me extra and still failed me. ( ummmm.... how can i warm up the car longer if he had the keys for my car roll around on top of it make love to it?Rub the headlights gaze into the wonderful headlight eyes? how? isnt he the professional shouldnt he have thought of that n help me out?)Wow people in this era man Common sense is not so common is it anymore? Big rock smash little rock? Sorry guys I just been getting d slap all over the place so please understand my pain and i know my writing is an eyesore but its all i got left inside me to deliver this to you in hope you will find a way to help me im just another victim.
You failed an emissions test, and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in regards to the headlights.

I went to smog again the second time ohhhhh my goodness now my car shakes to the point it wont pass test I put seafoam spray in my brake valve thing hose to clean it out and i even open up the raidater cap to make bubble go out etc I believe its my idle and throttle because it shakes when my idle goes low it goes so low whenever i step on the brake when i have it on D at a light my car stays on but rattles and everyone looks at me like hey hes driving an old piece of chit about to die hahaha but they have a huge crazy dent themself and they laugh at me wow of some of them look at me from a bus stop laughing at me and yes i am the one with a car n they r not? well ok the world is wonderful.
You failed another emissions test after not specifying that you did anything else different to even justify attempting the 2nd test. Now your car shakes alot without any explanation or attempt to readjust the idle first. You added an unspecified Seafoam spray into an area you dont know (no such thing as a brake valve "thing"), and tried to air bleed the radiator with no explanation as to why you suddenly chose to do.

Please help me understand how to fix my car i can not offord another crazy bill with no help i want to understand my car better adjusting the ICV flat head screw and the throttle rope two nut screw either move two screw left is higher or lower my thing idle at way under the big bold 1 sometimes even at like 300 if that bold 1 is a 1k please please fellow honda lovers i love my car and want it back to life please help me save my car i dont want it to retire and die like this.Thank you so much in advance and please real helping comments only.
This is mostly just nonsense. If you seriously want assistance, show the forum some respect by taking the time to write clearly and to the point, using punctuations, so as to encourage assistance. We don't need a post where half of it is your rambling and complaining about life. You will not be spoon-fed in this forum. Research is vital prior to posting as a sign of effort shows you might be worth our time & effort to reply with assistance. Consider it a gift that I took the time to translate this insanity because I will not do so again.

thalo

Respected
its honda civic 94 ex and the car was off

cel is not on i got it to the point now where it drive but it rattles and wont pass smog

and sorry for my rambling

and i bleed the thing because it might have bubbles in there? nvm guys ill just give up and take it to another mechanic again thanks for the help

you think i know why he sabotage my car bro i been asking that myself lol thats why i was freaking out and ranting and stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have you tried removing the spark plug wires one at a time and blowing them, the distributor cap, and spark plugs to make sure there isn't water in there?

Also, if you ran Seafoam through the car you might want to check your spark plugs and O2 sensors to make sure there isn't a ton of buildup on them cause the A/F mixture to be out.

Something else you could try cleaning is the Mass Air Flow sensor in the intake tube.

thalo

Respected
hey importfan1,
Thank you for actually really helping and not pmsing in red on me.Also,Thank you for not clear lyand on me.Oh, yah and thank you for not saying its a easy fix and not even helping at all.All those things you said I did them and they are fine boss.I am at the point where if I step on the brake the car rpm drops to 300 and shakes in D and R so I am thinking I have to adjust the Flathead screw area of the throttle body and the throttle where the bolt and wire is.Is there a way you can tell me how to adjust it so my rpm goes to 700 or 1000rpm so it doesnt shake?.I have done research by going to many places and thats the reason why my car is in the condition its in and i been encountering jerks like hex.People mess up my car or give me ideas sabotage and then I bounce around and go to the next guy and they think its my fault.Thats why I came straight to you guys now fellow civic lovers who know what they talk about I understand you guys are higher lvl then me so I came here for your support seeing how you guys are more professional then me.I am glad some of you guys actually help instead of bleed red pms and have no life.Thank you in advance for your help and concern and trying to assist.

My Honda civic 94 ex shakes during test so it doesnt allow me to complete the test anymore I get violations so the test keeps turning off if you have any other idea please help and hex dont (help) anymore I dont need that kind of help I need car help not grammar help right now and I need someone that can please related and take time and have patience to understand and actually really help help people might actually have same problem bro and looking for answers

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread is being cleaned. ANYTHING else posted after this point NOT pertaining to the OP's questions will may incur an infraction and WILL be removed. Yes, this includes thalo and the moderator in the fight.

Carry on with the help or move on. First, last, and final warning.

thalo

Respected
Thank you so much for helping fix the post lethal and taking the time to.I am very sorry about my actions of bad behavior I was only firing back because of the bad attitude I was receiving.I did not want to start trouble but alot of places I get picked on alot and I got tired of it.I seek help and get help on stuff I dont need or sabotage of some sort.Thank you so much for real for regulating the situation honestly and by any chance can you help with my situation of the main problem at all its the idle dropping so low to 300rpm that is shakes? I want to adjust it so it goes higher? so many people touch the flat head screw area and the nut on the cable area of the throttle body like can you tell me if I screw it left it goes higher or lower and right higher or lower and what direction do I screw the flathead one too? Or maybe someone else who can please but real help please thank you very much in advance.I am sorry about earlier and thank you.

jackdog1

Did you check the distributor? Maybe water got inside that and is causing misfire/ignition problems. I have a friend who's car shakes badly at idle due to an ignition problem

thalo

Respected
I changed it out the wet one is gone now new spark plug new spark plug wires I even clean the throttle rpm drops to 300rpm everytime i step on brake crazy thing is if I just turn on the car rpm is 700-1100 looking normal then as so as i slap it on D and then step on the brake it drops and then ta ta taaa but press on the gas its good