What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Not Sure if I want to since I'm doing a clutch and have 215k. Or ride it till it dies and order rods for the s4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If i were to do a swap it'd have to be auto since my wife would need to drive it and is too stubborn to learn stick. :???:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i were to do a swap it'd have to be auto since my wife would need to drive it and is too stubborn to learn stick. :???:

Make her learn

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont understand y driving stick is so hard to learn...

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've attempted many times, she sucks at it and gets frustrated. it's cheaper to swap in an auto then to get a divorce, lol
Taught my ex to drive a stick in my b20 DC4, she hated it with a passion, but I made her stick with it. She inherited a clean little 2001 Mazda Miata limited that was a 6spd, drove that, liked it, got used to stick. I bought my b18b DC4, boosted it, and had her drive it. Scared the s**t out of her at first, but then she liked it a lot, and learned how to control boost. It was an odd turn-on watching her run a 13 second quarter mile in that car lol.

f**k yeah.. first 20 minutes at work and a very important machine takes a dump. Hard disk failure.. Today is gonna be great lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

It's not :P

I think it's just an embarrassing learning curve. People get all worked up when they keep stalling the car and get frustrated. But once they get it, that's it. So it's simple and hard at the same time.

So I guess what I'm saying is.. It's not hard if you keep at it. I bought my first stick shift car 3 and a half hours away from home, practiced in a parking lot for about 30 minutes before leaving, and then drove home. I was a nervous wreck but I did it :D I don't really recommend that method though. That whole sink or swim tactic can work both ways lol

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I can drive stick just fine, but i don't really care about whether my car is auto/manual, i've owned both it's not that big of a difference especially in a stock civic lol.

It's just not worth the frustration on bother her end and mine.

Clutch control

Last edited by a moderator:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got scheduled for my mri. Had to come in today for xrays to make sure i dont have any metal embedded in me since i work with metal.

The struggle is real...

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B20 with 50k for 500obo. Oh the debate

High comp?

Work now, gym after, then chilling at the house. Hopefully I get a call today to set up a time to have my motor delivered

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
High comp?

Work now, gym after, then chilling at the house. Hopefully I get a call today to set up a time to have my motor delivered

Yup

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Two donuts, bag of doritos, and a polish dog from costco. Lunch is served.

Work until a certain date in July to where I can stop, but still be in town until I get my check?
Or just work right on through to the last possible day and hope they mail my last check(s)?

Crazy b*tch - ?
Miata - 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQxRxY_Vx0

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Two donuts, bag of doritos, and a polish dog from costco. Lunch is served.

Work until a certain date in July to where I can stop, but still be in town until I get my check?
Or just work right on through to the last possible day and hope they mail my last check(s)?

Crazy b**** - ?
Miata - 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQxRxY_Vx0
Dammit those polish dogs are awesome

sailed through class, yardwork and beer now.

Should probably start the DA up, Ive only driven that b***h like 4 times this year lol.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can drive stick just fine, but i don't really care about whether my car is auto/manual, i've owned both it's not that big of a difference especially in a stock civic lol.

It's just not worth the frustration on bother her end and mine.

Clutch control
After driving my car (which has been my one and only car) for the past 10 years, I am looking forward to my next car being automatic. I just want to get in a car and cruise now. I'd love to have a second fun car that's a manual but my daily driver would definitely be automatic.

I picked it up at 15 years old with little to no effort :what:
Same. I got my car after the 4th time of ever driving stick in my life /flex. I pretty much learned from watching my brother drive me around for 4-5 years.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f*** yeah.. first 20 minutes at work and a very important machine takes a dump. Hard disk failure.. Today is gonna be great lol
Is it a virtual machine? Any tape or disc backups? Sucks either way you look at it.

Boss is out of the office for the next 1.5 weeks. Went and applied for my conceal carry during lunch since nobody was there to care. Came home and cleaned my gun since I fired 300 rounds at the range over the weekend. Time for some Netflix.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it a virtual machine? Any tape or disc backups? Sucks either way you look at it.

Boss is out of the office for the next 1.5 weeks. Went and applied for my conceal carry during lunch since nobody was there to care. Came home and cleaned my gun since I fired 300 rounds at the range over the weekend. Time for some Netflix.

Right on. I turn 21 on the 11th, so I'll be applying for my carry permit on that day =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
getting all of our stuff together for friday, heading out at like 4 in the morn for ohio, drop her daughter off and d**k off a few days up north.