ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm the only IT guy working today. For a global company with 2300+ users. I'll be the only one supporting the Americas for the rest of the week too. Lots to do and 0 motivation!
I have the week off and had to go in because 5 of our servers got hit with ransomware.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have the week off and had to go in because 5 of our servers got hit with ransomware.
Ouch. That's no good. How'd it hit your servers? We had that with one user at work but luckily he saved most of his stuff in his networked folder so we just wiped his machine.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ouch. That's no good. How'd it hit your servers? We had that with one user at work but luckily he saved most of his stuff in his networked folder so we just wiped his machine.
Not quite sure. When I left Monday there was a user that was on one of our terminal servers and the virus somehow managed to gain access to our application and web servers. I haven't heard anything more on it since.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not quite sure. When I left Monday there was a user that was on one of our terminal servers and the virus somehow managed to gain access to our application and web servers. I haven't heard anything more on it since.
Ironically, I've been dealing with malware this week too, which is actually pretty rare since nobody has admin rights on their computers. But this one was enough for the bank to call and deactivate an accountants token ID and login to their online system. I know it was caused by her opening some malicious Word doc and she had macros enabled... lame

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally picked up a GoPro for those car adventures. It's a GoPro HERO4 Session. Tiny little that's pretty powerful for what it is.

Can't wait to actually start using it and now I'll have something else to use instead of my phone for when I go down to the dragon again in October.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hoping to be there in 2 weeks
We're already planning another trip for October as well

Also got outbid on another S2000 earlier today. Would have be the perfect V8 build candidate, clean title on top of that.

And pulling my hair out trying to find a suitable property for a customer who says one thing and does another. Ugh.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hoping to be there in 2 weeks
We're already planning another trip for October as well

Also got outbid on another S2000 earlier today. Would have be the perfect V8 build candidate, clean title on top of that.

And pulling my hair out trying to find a suitable property for a customer who says one thing and does another. Ugh.
You should come down October 8th. I'm in a group called the official annual attack the dragon meet. We had about 35 cars last year. It's a great time. Lots of good people and good fun.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They'll be there Oct 12-16

Have a feeling the next 6 months are going to be pretty busy for me

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had a hell of a weekend. Left Saturday morning early to head to California. Stopped in Palmdale to drop off the trailer then continued on to the Channel Islands to see the ol ladys dad.

Spent Sunday there and then headed back Monday.

There was a truck show in laughlin Nevada that we wanted to go to but dropping the frame off for powdercoat was more important.

I had received a phone call saying there was a guy that just bought a truck and was taking it to the show and it had problems and is now undriveable. They knew i had an empty trailer so we discussed a price for me to bring it home to him and we headed to go load the truck.

Pretty badass truck. Previously a sema build. Too damn heavy for my trailer, but I made it work. Took 4 hours longer than normal to get home but we made it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, always going on an adventure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Talk about the slowest week at the dealership ever.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking at buying a truck soon. Early to mid 2000's silverado z71 4x4.

Much need. Very want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Spending my Saturday night drinking southern comfort alone and playing Xbox/watching Netflix. Hopefully it's nice tomorrow so I can get out and use the gorpo and get some sound clips of the Si launch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Spent all day working on the basement renovation since it was 40 degrees out today. Same for tomorrow with some possible yard work if it warms up and dries out.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to my first Cars & Coffee, probably my last
Then the fair, not fun packing 5 people in a 4 seater
Got recognized on IG from someone that used to be a member here

Had the car creep up to/past halfway a handful of times
Probably going to bleed it again tomorrow after a couple showings
If anything, mini tech day next Saturday in prep for the Dragon, thinking it's just some air left in the system and not a bad gasket/pump

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Trump rally going on right now in Rochester. They're shuttling people to the event from a tech park 2 miles from my house. Clinton was here a couple days ago, Kasich yesterday. Cruz is coming too. Bernie is here on Tuesday - already got time off of work to see him!

Also, had the S2000 wheels re powder coated. They go on tomorrow, and the car goes low again! Super pumped for Watkins Glen opening day next week! Meeting up with 300 or so other cars and we're all cruising down together to do some laps around the Glen. Probably one of the best events of the year.