What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I woke up from the panic I was in earlier. I just got done cleaning the house, and am now having a glass of chardonnay while waiting for Rob to get home so he can make pizza for dinner. :cool:
My fellow wine enthusiast! =) oh how I've missed you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My fellow wine enthusiast! =) oh how I've missed you.

Hello Dear. Have you tried/learned anything new?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I woke up from the panic I was in earlier. I just got done cleaning the house, and am now having a glass of chardonnay while waiting for Rob to get home so he can make pizza for dinner. :cool:
Oh my god..... I would kill for a glass of red wine right now... I turned into a wino.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We dont have to take this, backs against the wall!
We dont have to take this, we can end it all!

Breaking my rule, stopping at McDonalds :(

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh my god..... I would kill for a glass of red wine right now... I turned into a wino.
What type do you like?
With it being summer I tend to lean towards chards during the warmer months, but I still prefer them dry as hell. I just went to a chardonnay tasting last week and got quite a few new bottles.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What type do you like?
With it being summer I tend to lean towards chards during the warmer months, but I still prefer them dry as hell. I just went to a chardonnay tasting last week and got quite a few new bottles.
I'm a Malbec and red blend fan. And the occasional Pinot Noir.

I'm really weird about white wines. They're usually too sweet for me to actually "want" one.

I think I'm going to go to Starbucks across from my work and have a glass of wine while I work and wait to sell my crank after I get off.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

I'm really weird about white wines. They're usually too sweet for me to actually "want" one.

I think I'm going to go to Starbucks across from my work and have a glass of wine while I work and wait to sell my crank after I get off.
Tippin & spillin that homemade wine on your tied up t-shirt

it will look like ass

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I don't mind mine without center caps. And I'll be dipped in s**t and rolled all over before I spend over $100 on some center caps. That's almost a full track day of seat time
Keep the center caps or get new ones. I hated the rota center caps that came with my wheels so I replaced them with goings ones from a crv.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello Dear. Have you tried/learned anything new?
I've learned a little, not too much though, still learning. =) I've found that I'm definitely more partial to white wines. I've really grown to love this omrah chardonnay, I don't have a bottle right now but it's omrah p-something. :P

Plantegant? Plantagana? Idk. Something hard to pronounce :lol:

Are you familiar with it? I still like sweet wines lol. More fruity than anything. I catch an unbelievable amount of s**t for it too lol

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Not a bad taste at all for a beginner!
I used to love Malbecs and meritages, but anymore they're just not full bodied enough for me. Pinot Nois I'm extremely picky about. Since around Christmas I have been on an Amarone kick, and only a certain vintage, and of course they're limite so next to impossible to get. At restaurants it's about 120 a bottle, but my wine guy used to get it for me for only 46, until the vinyard put the crack down on sales.

A really good tip on any wine, but especially a white wine: check the alcohol level on it. I prefer any of my wines to be a minimum of 13%, going up to about 17% ....extremely dry. The higher the content, the less sweet b/c of little sugar. Also, if a fruit/berry is mentioned first, with a light finish you may not like it. I tend to like fruit forward wines, with more of a velvety, oaky, sometimes vanilla finish. just depends on my mood. Most nicer places selling wine will sample it for you too. ;)

Tippin & spillin that homemade wine on your tied up t-shirt

it will look like ass
:rolf:

I've learned a little, not too much though, still learning. =) I've found that I'm definitely more partial to white wines. I've really grown to love this omrah chardonnay, I don't have a bottle right now but it's omrah p-something. :P

Plantegant? Plantagana? Idk. Something hard to pronounce :lol:

Are you familiar with it? I still like sweet wines lol. More fruity than anything. I catch an unbelievable amount of s*** for it too lol

Plantagenet. I'm not a fan of Aussie wines. The grapes grown in the regions there just don't suit my pallet well at all.

Some people never venture away from sweets for a few reasons. Taste buds are too sensitive, or you haven't been introduced to a soft blend(best to start with reds). Wines are very overwhelming at first, but when you find what you like they're very simple.