What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

pantyraid

=^.^=
Actually, that was yeterday. Wasnt the banister. This was metal stairs onthe 5th floor of a college to the roof access. I needed to reach something and squeezed in between the steps and got stuck. Took me at least 5 mins to get free.
Ironic you point that out
Oh man I thought I was the only one who gets body parts stuck in inanimate objects haha

Always so easy to get in and then borderline impossible to get back out

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I am sorry man, work was just hell. I'm finding out real hard how some service managers are at dealerships.
Service managers in general these days. Never about the customer, it's pure s**t on that end these days.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Service managers in general these days. Never about the customer, it's pure s**t on that end these days.

For real though. He gives all these rules and s**t and tells us to do things that just make productivity go down. He chewed one of our techs out in front of customers and throwing the f word around. He doesn't know s**t about running a dealership.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I already had something close to thst happen at my new job. The foreman said he was going to have the owner talk to me

When the owner arrived i explained the foreman is a professional and i am a professional. I wont be treated like i dont know what im doing or be talked down to.

After that, the foreman and i have gotten along great. Sometimes too great as we both crack jokes.

Just have to stand up for yourself in a professional manner. if you let it happen, they will do it all the time.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
For real though. He gives all these rules and s**t and tells us to do things that just make productivity go down. He chewed one of our techs out in front of customers and throwing the f word around. He doesn't know s**t about running a dealership.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sounds professional. Well hate to say it but that's what that position is these days. We see it in the trucking industry all the time and how the truckers get treated. They f**k guys over and figure it's okay because they have no where else to go because all the little shops are gone. No loyality or integrity in it whatsoever these days.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
View attachment 25702

Connie! Is this true? If so, I think I would like to visit for thanksgiving. ;)
It is Nick! But sadly the spread isn't as fancy since I haven't had a big Italian family Thanksgiving since 1992. After my grandmother passed away, we stopped traveling back to Brooklyn, NY and stayed in North Carolina just me and my parents for Thanksgivings. I'd give anything to having my big Italian family back, but the family drama isn't worth it.

Happy belated birthday man!

Took the blue hatch to the shop yesterday. They won't be able to get to it until Monday. I'm just hoping the damage to convert it to obd2 and back won't cost over the initial quote of $280. I need to get it back on the road legally so I can take the Soul in for two missed recalls and not be left stranded with no car. Blue hatch has full interior and black hatch is gutted. I don't trust taking my daughter in the red hatch with no roll cage in it and having to stick her in the front seat. Too much attention already drawn to the car. Last thing I need is a ticket for having her in the front seat under the age of 12.

Last edited:

pantyraid

=^.^=
they can ticket that? so what does everyone with a single cab truck and a kid do?
Damn that's a good point

What DO they do?

They can definitely ticket that around here (although I think here it's below a certain weight instead of age, or maybe one or the other whichever they reach last, could be wrong about that though)

None of the people I know with single cab trucks have kids

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went junkyard diving for an a/c compressor for the Civic and one for the DeVille
Opened up my original differential to see what needs replacing...split my finger open in the process, fun

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Installed my Cobb Accessport today and flashed a "stage 1" 93 octane tune on the Legacy. Pulls pretty good, need to drive it more around town more and see how it does in casual city driving.

Doing a good amount of suspension work it tomorrow as well.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got my Class C CDL with hazmat endorsement today! And my little brothers engagement party.
Right on! Changing fields entirely eh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope. Need it for driving fireworks. My side gig that a few of us do a few times a year. We own a professional fireworks company.
Epic. I knew you worked with fireworks on the side, but I wasn't aware that it was at that level. Right on man.

So.. my cousin wants to get me on with the police department..

I've always been interested in law enforcement, but with the way society as a whole views cops these days, I'm just not sure if it's worth it. I imagine there will be quite a bit of political bs in the near future when it comes to police and how they work. Don't know how that field is going to look in say 10 years.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In laws came into town. Bbq and too much rum. Up early for breakfast with the whole family.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double post because it's been 12 hours since anyone has posted in here.

I'm at work. Day 2 of 3.

pantyraid

=^.^=
Took the train to nyc to visit my son for the weekend

Just got a call from the bf and apparently now both civics are out of commission :(

He was driving and battery light came on for a second, then a little while later the radio turned off, he kept going and then the whole thing just died and now it just makes a clicking noise when he tries to start it, he tried popping the clutch but no dice :(

The original owner said he'd had this mysterious issue and had gone through like 3 batteries so we kinda knew this day might come, still shitty though :/ pretty much the same thing happened to our old celica and it was the alternator, which I really do not want to have to pay for

At least I get the whole weekend to chill and hang out with my kid and his family before dealing with this crap though

Aaaand I've now managed to lock myself out of their building haha