What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah spark is good so it very well may be fuel related (or air, or compression? Is that one of the things?)

Fuel pump primes with the key on accessory right? I tried listening for it when I was cranking it but I couldn't hear anything over the cranking sound and the radiator fan that's always on thanks to a paper clip being stuck in the switch haha (also I'm not entirely sure I know what it would sound like)

Also is it true that if you unplug the wiring harness thing from the map sensor and it starts then that's the problem?
I would check your fuel filter and fuel pump, and the fuel pressure. If the filter gets clogged, not enough fuel will get into the combustion chamber. If the fuel tank was drained empty too many times, you could've damaged the fuel pump as well.

pantyraid

=^.^=
I would check your fuel filter and fuel pump, and the fuel pressure. If the filter gets clogged, not enough fuel will get into the combustion chamber. If the fuel tank was drained empty too many times, you could've damaged the fuel pump as well.
Ok cool thanks, I'll go d**k around with it when I get home later

I usually fill up at a little less than half a tank (is that bad? I always sort of wonder if I should be using all the old gas before refilling but I guess it uses what's on the bottom first right? Or is that backwards) but before december it was my boyfriend's bothers car and he usually let it get down almost to empty

And I think you're definitely right, I bet it does need a new filter at the very least cause I know I haven't had it changed and the bfs brother never did s**t for the car, when I got it it didn't even have any oil (dipstick came back totally dry. Seriously. That's pretty horrible if my minimal knowledge of engines is correct, although it's definitely possible it's not haha)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok cool thanks, I'll go d**k around with it when I get home later

I usually fill up at a little less than half a tank (is that bad? I always sort of wonder if I should be using all the old gas before refilling but I guess it uses what's on the bottom first right? Or is that backwards) but before december it was my boyfriend's bothers car and he usually let it get down almost to empty

And I think you're definitely right, I bet it does need a new filter at the very least cause I know I haven't had it changed and the bfs brother never did s**t for the car, when I got it it didn't even have any oil (dipstick came back totally dry. Seriously. That's pretty horrible if my minimal knowledge of engines is correct, although it's definitely possible it's not haha)
No, that's good. Letting the fuel tank run dry is bad for the pump because the fuel keeps it cool and if you run it dry, the pump can overheat and then leave you stranded. New fuel filters are cheap and its definitely not a bad thing to change them. Also, do you know why the oil was empty? That could be an indication of a leak or a bad deal or piston ring.

pantyraid

=^.^=
No, that's good. Letting the fuel tank run dry is bad for the pump because the fuel keeps it cool and if you run it dry, the pump can overheat and then leave you stranded. New fuel filters are cheap and its definitely not a bad thing to change them. Also, do you know why the oil was empty? That could be an indication of a leak or a bad deal or piston ring.
That I do not but as far as I know it's got a bad head gasket, I haven't had any oil loss issues since I got it though

I have gotten it changed more often than necessary but I've never had it go down at all and it's a little odd cause the coolant definitely used to get contaminated with something and I would assume that something was oil but then the oil never looked milky like there was coolant in it and that was the only theory I could come up with for how it would stay at the same level while the coolant got crap in it, unless the crap in the coolant wasn't actually oil? Still wouldn't explain how it got totally empty when I got the thing though unless it's just been burning/losing a little bit of oil for years and he just never changed or added any? Or maybe somebody didn't tighten the drain plug all the way the last time he got the oil changed? Both seem farfetched though, and worn piston rings and/or a leak somewhere definitely wouldn't surprise me on this thing

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mowed the grass and pulled weeds. Watered all the flowers and the spots on the grass that the sprinklers miss. Now chillin on the porch. May head into the garage to work on the steering on the mazda.

pantyraid

=^.^=

Haha saw this wifi option and it reminded me of back when the boyfriend's brother named our wifi 'FBI surveillance van' and like a week later their dad noticed it and called us over to show us how he realized that the fbi was watching us LULZ

Then later he renamed it to Free Wifi and again their dad thought that somebody in the neighborhood had a free wifi signal because clearly he still didn't comprehend that you can name the s**t yourself

Old people + technology = entertainment that never gets old

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That I do not but as far as I know it's got a bad head gasket, I haven't had any oil loss issues since I got it though

I have gotten it changed more often than necessary but I've never had it go down at all and it's a little odd cause the coolant definitely used to get contaminated with something and I would assume that something was oil but then the oil never looked milky like there was coolant in it and that was the only theory I could come up with for how it would stay at the same level while the coolant got crap in it, unless the crap in the coolant wasn't actually oil? Still wouldn't explain how it got totally empty when I got the thing though unless it's just been burning/losing a little bit of oil for years and he just never changed or added any? Or maybe somebody didn't tighten the drain plug all the way the last time he got the oil changed? Both seem farfetched though, and worn piston rings and/or a leak somewhere definitely wouldn't surprise me on this thing
Head gasket, oil pan gasket, VC gasket, rear main. All prime example of places to leak. Contamination in the coolant could be front he HG, or rust inside the coolant passages.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha saw this wifi option and it reminded me of back when the boyfriend's brother named our wifi 'FBI surveillance van' and like a week later their dad noticed it and called us over to show us how he realized that the fbi was watching us LULZ

Then later he renamed it to Free Wifi and again their dad thought that somebody in the neighborhood had a free wifi signal because clearly he still didn't comprehend that you can name the s**t yourself

Old people + technology = entertainment that never gets old
I named mine "I can hear you having sex"

Fountainbleu !!

As for me, just working 12hrs a day and new apartment hunting

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know what it is about getting job offers when you have a job.. a friend of mine is a manager for loomis, the armored truck company. He wants to get me on starting out as a "hopper" but with an interest in high value asset protection. Kind of cool, but I'm not physically cut out for that line of work right now. I'm too small. I would be viewed as an easy target and make the job that much more dangerous for me.

Cool thing though, the people that work in high value asset protection look like freaking military with plate carriers and AR's guarding shipments. High speed, low drag motherfuckers. Now THAT I wouldn't mind doing, but it's some next level s**t.

Any thoughts or opinions on this? I understand that it's dangerous, but if I could get to that level as described above what do you think?

For example, if an art dealer wants to move an extremely valuable shipment, he'll hire a private security detail to accompany it throughout the process. That would be a job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

You need to be here and feel the vibe Alex! It's one of a kind! I was shooting off fireworks and doing shots with my neighbors. We were going wild!

And guess what? Portillo's won't be as far away now!
http://www.portillos.com/announcing-tampa/
Yeah, after seeing how Wrigleyville was let alone a video the 'Hawks posted about how Chicago set up for this, I really wanted to be there. Next year though for sure

I definitely have a clue on the vibe though. Being at FSU the night they won the championship, insane. So I have an idea as to Chicago's excitement about FINALLY winning the cup at home again. Now it's the Cubs' turn

Tampa? That's random.
Kind of cool, but I'm not physically cut out for that line of work right now. I'm too small. I would be viewed as an easy target and make the job that much more dangerous for me.
understand that it's dangerous, but if I could get to that level as described above what do you think?
I've seen some small guards over the years, but the weapon on their waist should always deter someone. If it pays better, the schedule's better, and is more interesting to you, take it. It's always easier to get a job when you have one.

But don't let your size/image hold you back. Those guys probably rarely run into trouble. I'd be more worried about the senior citizens I've seen working for these companies than a young small guy.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Country festival was an absolute blast. Keith Urban's performance was delayed an hour or so because of severe thunderstorms / tornado watch. Thousands of people camping and it f**king POURED...

Everyone was in their tents at this time sans my friends who didn't set up their tent properly. Sadly it fell victim to the storm (you see it collapse when I pan left), so they went and hid inside some portapotties with some garlic (4 people in one portapotty.. no thanks). Meanwhile I was standing outside under the canopy that my friends never setup correctly, so I was hanging onto it to make sure it didn't end up like the tent. Pros and cons of camping with mostly women lol. Overall had a great time; already planning next year.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know what it is about getting job offers when you have a job.. a friend of mine is a manager for loomis, the armored truck company. He wants to get me on starting out as a "hopper" but with an interest in high value asset protection. Kind of cool, but I'm not physically cut out for that line of work right now. I'm too small. I would be viewed as an easy target and make the job that much more dangerous for me.

Cool thing though, the people that work in high value asset protection look like freaking military with plate carriers and AR's guarding shipments. High speed, low drag motherfuckers. Now THAT I wouldn't mind doing, but it's some next level s**t.

Any thoughts or opinions on this? I understand that it's dangerous, but if I could get to that level as described above what do you think?

For example, if an art dealer wants to move an extremely valuable shipment, he'll hire a private security detail to accompany it throughout the process. That would be a job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Id take that job. Hows the pay?

pantyraid

=^.^=
Head gasket, oil pan gasket, VC gasket, rear main. All prime example of places to leak. Contamination in the coolant could be front he HG, or rust inside the coolant passages.
So I should probably do a compression test at some point to verify that it actually is the head gasket vs a combination of those other things?

I named mine "I can hear you having sex"

Fountainbleu !!

As for me, just working 12hrs a day and new apartment hunting
Hahahahaha

Oh and good luck on the apartment hunting sir

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nick, I think it's worth looking into.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I should probably do a compression test at some point to verify that it actually is the head gasket vs a combination of those other things?
Yes. And do a leakage test as well. The combined results of these tests can tell you a lot about the internals of the engine.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id take that job. Hows the pay?
Nick, I think it's worth looking into.
Stats out around 35-40k. The armored truck that is. The high value stuff pays close to 100k from what I understand. We haven't talked numbers on that particular job because that's not what's being offered to me at this moment.

The hard part is that I believe that I would LOVE where this path would take me, but there would be some obvious sacrifices starting out with the initial switch. Lots of complaints about the armored truck industry.