What brakes do you run on your 6th gen?

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
I appreciate the help guys. I'll put the disk convertion at the end of my list. Where do I find stock rotors? Will duralast rotors work?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Any auto part store. Just make sure they are for what ever the swap is. Example: I have a 98 civic lx. I got a rear disc swap from a 94 integra. So when I bought pads and rotors I got them for the integra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

aneidiaztorres

I got new brakes + rotors all around. From my local Advance Auto Parts!!..!!.. Lol. Ohhh, and guess what? Limited LIFETIME Replacement on everything as well.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got big oversized brakes, because i wanted them and i take my cars out and beat on them from time to time. No full dedicated track car or anything, but when I need some extra oomph, it's there.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ Right? As long as they stop my car without me pushing the brake pedal all the way down then I'm good. Besides if I was to Turbo my car I don't think it would make a difference in stopping. Because to me I think braking from 70 to 0 is the same with oem brakes, even if the car is Turbo.

aneidiaztorres

I got the brakes + rotors from Advance Auto Parts. I've had them in for a good 2 years +. They've been nothing but good. Time for replacement tho. Have limited lifetime replacement.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got new brakes + rotors all around. From my local Advance Auto Parts!!..!!.. Lol. Ohhh, and guess what? Limited LIFETIME Replacement on everything as well.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p
I got the brakes + rotors from Advance Auto Parts. I've had them in for a good 2 years +. They've been nothing but good. Time for replacement tho. Have limited lifetime replacement.
^^^ I think you posted the same thing last week. Pretty sure I got it. Thanks.
:shock:

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Ahh. Didn't notice the difference but quick update. I went with autozones duralast pads and rotors. Had them on for about a week and they grab great. Picked up some hawk pads for the spring time. Damn snow just dropped today.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really wanna put calipers all around like my Lexus:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

When I do, those cross drilled rotors will look amazing all around.
With less effective heat dissipation and more brake dust

aneidiaztorres

I barely get brake dust on my Lexus. And I have cross drilled rotors all around. Not to mention, the stopping power is great. And brake dust can be kept at a minimal if you just wash your car every week:banghead:... Don't complain about it if you don't maintain it.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
I need new rotors on the rear of my Lexus. OEM is plenty of stopping power though.

aneidiaztorres

I need new rotors on the rear of my Lexus. OEM is plenty of stopping power though.

hell yeah. Lexus OEM is great. But after I installed my cross drilled rotors + brake pads, the stopping power I get is very hard. Close to tight. Gotta get use to it at first. It's that much of a difference. Hers the ones I bought. Off Ebay. Think I paid $300-$350 I forget. But it was a decent name brand. Want those cheap $100 upgrade stuff. Here they are, if you want me to post the link, I will. Just ask.

Other then those and MOOG LBJs & tie rods, I got everything on my GS430 OEM.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please elaborate? ^^^
I barely get brake dust on my Lexus. And I have cross drilled rotors all around. Not to mention, the stopping power is great. And brake dust can be kept at a minimal if you just wash your car every week:banghead:... Don't complain about it if you don't maintain it.
The stopping "power" you're referring to is just the increased bite of the brake pads. You get a stronger bite when you have cross drilled/dimpled/slotted rotors. Heat dissipation is decreased because you simply have less surface area, plain and simple. Actual braking "power" is the same unless you've upgraded the caliper (larger piston, more powerful piston, or more pistons). When a brake pad has slots/dimples/drilled sections to grab onto, it eats away at the pad more (thus the extra brake dust) which can be kept at a decent amount with particular brake pads that don't produce as much brake dust and usually, if you have an upgraded set of brakes, you don't have to brake as much or as hard to stop. So you don't create as much brake dust in that sense. Equal pressure for the same length of time, the drilled/slotted/dimples setup will create more dust period.
Brake dust being washed off every week isn't really a concern as much as the life of the brake pad. Which was the point i was getting at.