What kinda tires are you rollin?

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp02
a few months vs. over a year is not an accurate way to say they have an "excellent tread wear" trust me your tires would not last as long as another model yoko tire, why? the rubber compound used, simple as that

i know a few months isn't accurate to judge treadwear, but if u look at their ratings they are good...plus a few of my buds have had them and they got 20,000-30,000 miles on them easily...to me thats good..

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Blue2k2
i know a few months isn't accurate to judge treadwear, but if u look at their ratings they are good...plus a few of my buds have had them and they got 20,000-30,000 miles on them easily...to me thats good..

20k-30k is HORRIBLE treadwear, you can get performance z, w or y rated tires that will last at least 50k-60k and will grip just as good the whole time, thats my point, these tires are designed for the track but are DOT approved for the street

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
20k-30k is HORRIBLE treadwear, you can get performance z, w or y rated tires that will last at least 50k-60k and will grip just as good the whole time, thats my point, these tires are designed for the track but are DOT approved for the street

for example?

rbr030d

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not an example, just my tires that i like.
yokohama parada 205.45.16

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by rbr030d
not an example, just my tires that i like.
yokohama parada 205.45.16

u have the spec-1's or the spec-2's?

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so is that what u are rolling on?

ON MY eclipse, yes, on my CRX i am using Falken ZE502's (h) rated, which is irrelevant but that is just in retrospect, i will be running bridgestone re750's when those wear out (on my rotas that still have no tires).....

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/

lookup the 750's, they have a 3 year limited warranty from the factory (roughly 45,000 miles), etc.......and they are W rated

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:evil: Dunlop D60 A2's, they kinda suck. Noisy and not too terribly durable for having such a hard compound. Better experience with General and BF Goodrich. I just thought their motorcycle tires were good so I got the Dunlops:twisted:

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Beelzebubba
:evil: Dunlop D60 A2's, they kinda suck. Noisy and not too terribly durable for having such a hard compound. Better experience with General and BF Goodrich. I just thought their motorcycle tires were good so I got the Dunlops:twisted:

we didn't sell many dunlop motorcycle tires at my shop, we sold mainly michelin pilot sports and the occasional bridgestone battleax tire, but most of the time it was the michelin tires......

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ON MY eclipse, yes, on my CRX i am using Falken ZE502's (h) rated, which is irrelevant but that is just in retrospect, i will be running bridgestone re750's when those wear out (on my rotas that still have no tires).....

lookup the 750's, they have a 3 year limited warranty from the factory (roughly 45,000 miles), etc.......and they are W rated

how well do they hang onto the road??...the spec-2's that i have on are amazing..

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how well do they hang onto the road??...the spec-2's that i have on are amazing..

they are an amazing tire, once again they are W rated which is up to 168mph and it is ultra sticky and performs GREAT in the wet weather and dry (unlike the spec 2 which will only perform so-so in we weather)......it is based off of a race tire

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unlike the spec 2 which will only perform so-so in wet weather
?question for ya temp........are you speakin from personal experience?

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by v-teced
?question for ya temp........are you speakin from personal experience?

i have driven a car equipped with them in the rain, i do not have them on my car

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have driven a car equipped with them in the rain, i do not have them on my car
Ok......I was checkin on those Potenza's you got......and um.... yeah......I think I'm most def gonna have to try them out next summer!!!

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yokohama parada spec-2 205/40/17's

very comparable to yoko avs es-100's

would kill for BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by v-teced
Ok......I was checkin on those Potenza's you got......and um.... yeah......I think I'm most def gonna have to try them out next summer!!!

yeah man, they's good s**t, especially since my ZE502 size was discontinued, once i found that out i was scrambling to find a tire that was comproble to it and that was the best on i could find

civic betty

little red rice rocket
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check out www.tirerack.com to find your perfect tire. (hit up "tire decision guide") i also have friends at america's tire co. that can hook you up and put em on pro.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

when u finally get those 750's on, let me know how u like them...they sound like a pretty good deal and may be my next buy when my spec-2s wear out...