What trim is my '92 Civic?

Andrés Rey

Hello everyone! I've had a hard time trying to identify which model is my honda civic 1992. I can't tell if it's DX or LX or CX or VX. I know it's not EX neither SI. I's 4d, manual, 1.5L sedan. with power windows and mirrors, but not abs neither sunroof, neither cruise control.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I moved you into your own thread as you posted in a 4 year old thread. I also tweaked your title to be specific to your issues as its not about "5th Gen Info & Specs" which suggested general info.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Look at your vin, the 4th-6th digit are you chassis code. The rest of the vin you can use an online decoder and it will break down your trim level.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look in the engine bay at the engine code stamp to confirm the engine code. Then research online which trim that is for you being that you're in Uruguay and they may be labeled differently than here in the US. FYI, Sedans are either DX , LX (D15B7) or EX in the US.

dancam

Registered VIP
If your having a hard time with an online decoder or dont want to bother you can also phone a dealership with the vin and they will tell you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
cx and vx model only can in hatchback platform. all 4dr are lx models dx. ex,si only came in 2dr coupe or hatchback. also cx and vx models came factory without the side molding on the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cx and vx model only can in hatchback platform all 4dr are lx models dx,ex,si only came in 2dr coupe or hatchback, also cx and vx models came factory without the side molding on the car
For the most part but in the US. He's in Uruguay and its very common for other countries to have totally different trims and/or packages.

FYI, 4th & 5th gen SIs were only hatchbacks until the 6th gens that were coupes. But lets not confuse the guy.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
For the most part but in the US. He's in Uruguay and its very common for other countries to have totally different trims and/or packages.

FYI, 4th & 5th gen SIs were only hatchbacks until the 6th gens that were coupes. But lets not confuse the guy.
thats is very true but the models are all the same regardless of the different market. just has different badge name and few different available options

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not entirely true but it may be for 5th gens. Either way, thats for discussion another time so as to not technically thread jack this guy.
:beer:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
just like the U.S. didn't offer park assist antenna, that was offered in the European and Japanese models car. the park assist antenna is retractable antenna that was mounted to the front bumper and beeps when your gettign too close to the car in front or rear

well yea the op said he owns a 92 civic which would put that as a 5th gen which is why i stated that.makes it easier for him to understand better when we keep it with in 5gen instead of using some of new gen. often causes confusion some times

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrés Rey

thank you very much for your replies! all of you've been very kind and helpful. I've tried with many vin decoder websites, but in every one I receive a message telling me that there is no match to my vin :( I compared the engine code too, but seems different than the options available. mine is D15B3, and the vin number starts with JHMEG85200S, with all the info in the posts i think it might be an LX or a DX, but not 100% sure

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a 92 cx. It did not have side moldings.
I stand corrected then.
From what I have read over the years and seen in person, VX did not come with moldings standard.
With the Cx, apparently some did some didn't, it was an option available.
I've never seen a Cx without them.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank you very much for your replies! all of you've been very kind and helpful. I've tried with many vin decoder websites, but in every one I receive a message telling me that there is no match to my vin :( I compared the engine code too, but seems different than the options available. mine is D15B3, and the vin number starts with JHMEG85200S, with all the info in the posts i think it might be an LX or a DX, but not 100% sure
I couldnt find a vin identifier either for your car either. Consider calling any Honda dealer in Uruguay as they can definitely tell you.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You have an EG8, which is either an LX or a DX in the USDM market. In the JDM market, it could be a Civic Ferio MX, or VTi?

Do you have Vtec?
VTi = D15B Vtec
MX = D15B non-Vtec

source: http://asia.vtec.net/specs/egcivic/

Andrés Rey

My car doesn't have Vtec, so it's definitely not VTI. Engine is 1.5L SOHC 16valve, naturally aspired (carburetor), manual shift gear. it has only 130,000 kms (that's aprox 81,000 miles old!