TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Im hoping not... but i dont know. regardless I havent seen it in this thread (doesnt mean its not in here, i must have missed it).
i was pretty much referring to this post
skinnyjdawg said:
some of the mod's need to protect their post count
but it's also been mentioned a few other times in other threads

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Regarding VIP - I couldnt agree more. I feel like everybody on this site is in VIP now. When I joined there was a 500 post limit.... and it took me a while to get up there, but when I did.. it was only VIP members...... people who were actually a big part of the site... people who were regulars and that everyone knew. I really think the post count should be brought back, along with a minimum time requirement. One of the arguments to this was that people will whore their way up there and clutter the forums. Well, this is the reason why post whoring is against the rules and why all whored posts really should be deleted. If persistent whoring occurs, the user should be banned. These are my thoughts.

As far as mods go - It's Jay Jay's decision who he chooses as a mod. This is his site and he does pay for it. He has the right to choose whoever he wants. Personally, i'm happy as long as the mod does his/her job, listens to member input, acts on the member input, does not abuse his/her power and keeps the site running well.

Most of the mods seem to be fulfilling all of these as of right now. There are a few who I don't believe come on enough to deserve the right to mod CC, but atleast they arent disrupting it.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok....... makes sense SlickR....

Joseph.. I hear you screaming, but... I dont think thats a fair measuring stick to Moddom... Maybe time joined? I dont know.

I just think its shady how OC got in.. it doesnt make sense. And another thing I havent heard any other mods opinion about his promotion either with all the carp that has been brought our against him.

MySiIzFaster said:
ok....... makes sense SlickR....

Joseph.. I hear you screaming, but... I dont think thats a fair measuring stick to Moddom... Maybe time joined? I dont know.

I just think its shady how OC got in.. it doesnt make sense. And another thing I havent heard any other mods opinion about his promotion either with all the carp that has been brought our against him.
An inside source told me that it was not discussed amongst the other mods to make oc-civic an SMOD.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
in all honesty when i first heard it i was a little suprised/confused.... i hadnt seen him post in awhile really and at the time didnt know of the h-t thing or remember he's the one who tried to fudge up the ROTM.
at this point though he seems to have nothing but the best intentions for cc and has been actively seeking input and feedback for improvements to the site from both moderators and members

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ivan the Terrible said:
An inside source told me that it was not discussed amongst the other mods to make oc-civic an SMOD.
I figured that... seeing as how at least 1 Smod didnt know (post #85). And I thought it was clearly stated that the Smods vote for other Smods/mods.....

I could be mistaking.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i was modded at the same time oc was, i dont know how we were selected :what:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
ACtually RanDOME and Slick, I dont think anyone mentioned anything about mods and post counts..... did they? If so I missed it.... and I have been participating in this thread for a couple pages now...
i thought i saw a few people sayin it, probbly not being serious...but know people have mentioned in the past that all the mods are only mods because of their post count....oh well, i just thought id shed whatever light i could onto the situation

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
i recommended you twice u bum!!

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the point of vip is for the lonely guys to jackoff!!!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
x007den said:
i recommended you twice u bum!!
hahahha and you honestly have no idea how much that suprises me bro :lol:
and thanks a bunch bro, i promise i wont make you look bad :thumbs up

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
Did you ASK to be a mod? curious.....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Did you ASK to be a mod? curious.....
no, never have
100% honest......

i honestly never thought i was gonna be a mod :what:
but i'm glad i've been givin the chance to help this site out.....

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
no, never have
100% honest......

i honestly never thought i was gonna be a mod :what:
but i'm glad i've been givin the chance to help this site out.....
thats disconcerting. One day you sign on and you are a mod. nice.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mugen00 said:
the point of vip is for the lonely guys to jackoff!!!
Everybody needs loving.... Even lonely people....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
thats disconcerting. One day you sign on and you are a mod. nice.
not quite, jayjay pm'd me asking if i had time to be a mod on cc.
he said that this site is in need of a few changes and thought i might be able to help.
it took him a few days after that to mod me, i figure he spent those few days making sure he was doing the right thing :what:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
not quite, jayjay pm'd me asking if i had time to be a mod on cc.
he said that this site is in need of a few changes and thought i might be able to help.
it took him a few days after that to mod me, i figure he spent those few days making sure he was doing the right thing :what:
ok thats a little better. I will err on the side of caution and assume then the other mods 'voted' as they are supposedly supposed to for other Smods. =)

Just all that bad s**t against him and hes not even here a lot (which is why they got RID of other smods) so...... I dunno.

I think he will do a fine job...................... when hes here. he doesnt apply for ROTM, or go on other sites and hate on CC.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
ok thats a little better. I will err on the side of caution and assume then the other mods 'voted' as they are supposedly supposed to for other Smods. =)

Just all that bad s**t against him and hes not even here a lot (which is why they got RID of other smods) so...... I dunno.

I think he will do a fine job...................... when hes here. he doesnt apply for ROTM, or go on other sites and hate on CC.
he's allready won ROTM :lol:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
okay guys., i skimmed thru the thread. here is my take on it:

the point of VIP is a safe flame-free place for members to be themselves and talk about issues that might be bothering them... or things they want to discuss. it is also a great place for anything that's NWS (not work safe).

whenever i post serious topics concerning myself, i will make them in vip lounge.