whats your TOP SPEED in your civic?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
courtesy of seanjohn, hope he dont mind, to get an idea of the si top speed.....this is 5th gear obviously

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
i do that a little different. if im going 80 i put it in third cuz 3rd tops out around 90-92ish, 4th gear around 110, 5th gear 135, i shift to the lowest possible gear when downshifing to be at max power the longest. so basically if im going 10mph or under the top speed of THAT GEAR, i would downshift to that gear, to be closest to max power the most
I'll go 50/70/90 (3/4/5th) but there isnt much left at that point, so Id rather just kick it in where the heart of the powerband begins, ride that for a few sconds. Rather then downshift to the end of my power to shift again (which clows you) 2 seconds later. Just preference.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you talking about just driving or downshifting to race?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
are you talking about just driving or downshifting to race?
racing. it really depends though, normally when u do a running start, you are already in the right gear. But 60-100 say, Im in 3rd b/c 2nd is redline at 60.. 70 and up i still start in 3rd. 80 or up i start in 4th.

BLK_B16A

5+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Thats also impossible man....unless u changed the gears, top speed for a 00 si is 135 @ redline.

i just took into configuration that i have 15 inch rims on a 205 40 tire so like posted early that will make the speedomater read different than it really is.......

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
courtesy of seanjohn, hope he dont mind, to get an idea of the si top speed.....this is 5th gear obviously

Got off the video of a turbo Si going from 40mph-140mph. Look at it closely, it's at 140mph but it's at or near redline only.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen that too, but that car can go past the redline i think he prolly went past 8k in his other gears. cool though! i didnt say it can't go 140, i think the si can go 140 topped out in 5th if conditions are right

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I meant top speed for a factory EM1 is 130ish...... :roll:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry guys i just tested it my em1 tops out at 173 going downhill, with 1/4 tank and 4 shots of octane booster, against the wind. i wasn't even out of 5th yet, i still had reverse to go into but i ran out of road

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
sorry guys i just tested it my em1 tops out at 173 going downhill, with 1/4 tank and 4 shots of octane booster, against the wind. i wasn't even out of 5th yet, i still had reverse to go into but i ran out of road
oh word....

BLK_B16A

5+ Year Member
Going-West said:
ive seen that too, but that car can go past the redline i think he prolly went past 8k in his other gears. cool though! i didnt say it can't go 140, i think the si can go 140 topped out in 5th if conditions are right
when i topped mine out i went past 8000 i went to about 8300-8400 an all other gears and the speedomater was the two little hiars past 140 so i guess 144 and i am pretty sure i wasnt at 8400 yet....

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BLK_B16A said:
when i topped mine out i went past 8000 i went to about 8300-8400 an all other gears and the speedomater was the two little hiars past 140 so i guess 144 and i am pretty sure i wasnt at 8400 yet....
Fuel cutoff/revlimiter is at 8300 man....... unless your modded.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Fuel cutoff/revlimiter is at 8300 man....... unless your modded.
this is true, i hit that s**t once, i was like f**k! when it happened. i was pulling out of a neighborhood all slow, and just when i started o go straight i floored it, lost traction and the revs went up quick and then it just was quiet, i was driving very slow the whole way home.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
this is true, i hit that s**t once, i was like f**k! when it happened. i was pulling out of a neighborhood all slow, and just when i started o go straight i floored it, lost traction and the revs went up quick and then it just was quiet, i was driving very slow the whole way home.
So you like my theory on the 0-60 thing (shifting at 8200 right before the limiter saves you .1 or .2 on times)...

I need to try it at the track.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im going to the track sooner or later, cuz i wanna do it a couple times before the high school drags so i can get used to it, ill try it, prolly not the greatest for the engine, but on the next shift your revs will be higher so in theory it should work

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
well im going to the track sooner or later, cuz i wanna do it a couple times before the high school drags so i can get used to it, ill try it, prolly not the greatest for the engine, but on the next shift your revs will be higher so in theory it should work
well, redline in 2nd is 58MPH, so if you dont have to switch gears to get to 60, Im sure it will help at least .1 to .2 or so........

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it really 58? i usually get to like 61 in 2nd.....maybe my speedo is off...cuz if u watch the roll vid in my sig at the top of second its like 58 mph or so and i was only shifting at like 7500 or less