whats your TOP SPEED in your civic?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
is it really 58? i usually get to like 61 in 2nd.....maybe my speedo is off...cuz if u watch the roll vid in my sig at the top of second its like 58 mph or so and i was only shifting at like 7500 or less
Its 58 Im pretty sure. I have factory rims/sized tires.......

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
125mph in my 96 civic dx

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
racing. it really depends though, normally when u do a running start, you are already in the right gear. But 60-100 say, Im in 3rd b/c 2nd is redline at 60.. 70 and up i still start in 3rd. 80 or up i start in 4th.
thats about wut i do...when i had my teg i race from a roll on 3rd gear at 5,000 rpm...and i red lined at 7.1i think but it felt awsome from there

* i only did 110 on the lude so far..to much traffic these days and i barely go out at nite with myself in the car soo...blahhhhhhhhhh

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
double0prelude said:
thats about wut i do...when i had my teg i race from a roll on 3rd gear at 5,000 rpm...and i red lined at 7.1i think but it felt awsome from there

* i only did 110 on the lude so far..to much traffic these days and i barely go out at nite with myself in the car soo...blahhhhhhhhhh
s**t man, I wont do MACH speed at night, cant see cops........if i race someone its stop light to SL or to a little above the speed limit. Theres no sense in boming arond through traffic over 100mph in my slow car......

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
s**t man, I wont do MACH speed at night, cant see cops........if i race someone its stop light to SL or to a little above the speed limit. Theres no sense in boming arond through traffic over 100mph in my slow car......
yea..i know but there are times when i'm on the freeway and there is a long strect before any exits or places where cops can hid..like this stretch from my house to walmart!! hahaha but i rarely do it...and the race i was talkin about from a roll on 3rd at 5k rpm was going to wal mart like 2 in the morning!! it was a fun race..i was an LS and he was an LS but i always seem to smoke him by a car or more length..i thought it was just the driver until we switched cars...my car still took his..and i've never lost to an LS!! wierd..people tell me its when the motor is "GIFTED" like when the factory says the car has 142hp its really pushin almost 142hp!!

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
double0prelude said:
yea..i know but there are times when i'm on the freeway and there is a long strect before any exits or places where cops can hid..like this stretch from my house to walmart!! hahaha but i rarely do it...and the race i was talkin about from a roll on 3rd at 5k rpm was going to wal mart like 2 in the morning!! it was a fun race..i was an LS and he was an LS but i always seem to smoke him by a car or more length..i thought it was just the driver until we switched cars...my car still took his..and i've never lost to an LS!! wierd..people tell me its when the motor is "GIFTED" like when the factory says the car has 142hp its really pushin almost 142hp!!
mine isnt gifted, my left foot and right hand are.... lol

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not sure about my left foot, but i know my right hand is at least.....................wait what?

jdm_me

5+ Year Member
my 5 gear takes me to 115 mph but my 4th takes me to 125 at 5500 rpms
i don't know why that is

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sadly i only hit 190kph before the limiter hit, 95 D15B7 5 sp. I was determined to hit 200 but i guess its not in the cards..... unless I get a swap =)

rockinpandas

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep

138mph on stock engine :lol: 3 people including myself plus full of snowboarding s**t. kind of scary. But hey it was fun

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
35 I was racing dis b***h and s**t almost got out of hand, I about lost it

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rockinpandas said:
138mph on stock engine :lol: 3 people including myself plus full of snowboarding s**t. kind of scary. But hey it was fun
What type of motor you got? in total weight then you like 4 ppl in your card (inc the snowboarding stuff)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
how do you EJ8 guys get past 120mph without a chipped ecu???

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
how do you EJ8 guys get past 120mph without a chipped ecu???
Thats a damn good question....

Considering i was only up at 128 with my EM1...................

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Thats a damn good question....

Considering i was only up at 128 with my EM1...................
yeah,.. cuz i've taken a pic of my top speed.. well, 1 or 2 mph before it... fuel cutoff scares me when i'm going fast