Wheel adapter kits (Good or Bad idea)

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stock steelies are 100mm 4 lugs, and I just happen to have some sick 5zigen's that are 114.3mm lug.
Saw some wheel hub adapters, but don't know from personal experience how quality they are in general, as far as messing up offset, and or causing stress to an aluminum wheel over time with the extra length. But, this seems like a good solution. So if anyone has used wheel adapters please speak up.

Any smart suggestions?
Drilling the wheels are out of the question.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
A link or info on the wheel adapters such as who makes them would be helpful.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
What is the wheel width and offset of your wheels?

Either way, I would go with the last one in the Club4AG forum because of their small thickness. If the wheel adapter or spacer is too thick, it will over-extend the LCA and Knuckle assemblies. Think of the shocks as a fulcrum and what you're doing is adding more length to one side which will stress out the LCA.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I agree with 2ner, I dont think you need to worry about the wheels as much as the suspension components.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really don't know the offset of them, I haven't had much time to look, but I found them for a hella buy on Craigslist, but then again, I will have to adapt them, but I gotta make these fit, I love the look.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about causing stress on those wider adapters.
But, yeah some are pretty thin really.
The 17x7's, 114.3mm wheels from an Accord are 4 lug of course and needs to somehow be adapted to my stock civic's 100m 4 lug, and this is all I could come up with.
The billet website shown above is only like 120 for all four, but they are thicker, but look to be good quality.
Most site (even ebay) only sell in pairs of two, so you have to actually buy two sets.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I was worried about creating stress on the Lower Control Arms, but honestly what would you all recommend for longevity because i plan to have this car for years to come.

A) Stop being a cheap-ass and buy new wheels that actually fit my civic along with new tires

B) Work with what I got (17" Aluminum 5Zigen FN01R-C )and buy the adapters (I've seen many civic with spacers, basically same thing as far as stress goes on extending suspension components)

C) Keep the 15" steelies and repaint black, just to get some new tread

D) Other (explain)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well its all about what you want from your car.....personally I think that wheels with that big of a gap between the spokes wont look good unless the car is lowered and has rear discs. Thats my opinion. You can take it or leave it and I wont be offended. However, I think that the color scheme of the wheels and your car would look sexy as hell......with a drop and discs :lol:

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
^x2

I say go for it and stick with it till you get another set of rims. I've always like the FN01R-C's.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, yeah I love em, but I was wondering about those drums too :(
I'll probably get a tein spring kit and skunk 2 camber kit to go with it.
Have to agree, because I have no idea what they will look like on stock height, but I am itching to get some lowering springs, just don't want all that hassle with coil-overs (if I could afford it that is) and the rubbing and rolling fenders + road rash from my steep driveway.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another option, is that I could get them polished for 150, but it would remove the text on the wheels, but would be pretty sweet.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm, you could have the wheels re-drilled to 4x100... im sure it would be easier, although i dunno how expensive it would be.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
He already said he doesnt want to re-drill them. And I think the color scheme would look much better the way it is.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
In the pic, it looks like they've already been drilled for 4x100, it just looks like they need to be tapered.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tapered??
No I measured them, took them to my local guy that knows his stuff, so they are not 100mm, wish they were though.
Would drilling be a better option then?
My consern with that is that they would have to be drilled perfect, if not I would end up with just a wheel with shitty drill marks not done right.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
True I just have concerns about it not being done right.
google search for places in your area that do wheel repairs... im sure they can drill them for you correctly.

IMO it would be much better to re-drill them, than get adapters... just think, spend $ to re-drill them and they work fine like a wheel should, or pay $ for adapters, have one fail and destroy a wheel, or have a suspention component fail and be out more $$$ because of the adapters...

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True man, yeah I just didn't know if my situation was too common around here. I'll check around. There's not a whole lot of option here in MO. I'll check to make sure, thanks. But, do you personally know anyone one here that has drilled them out?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen plenty of wheels that have been re-drilled.... its not a rare thing to do.
do some research on the subject and see if anyone in your area re-drills wheels and get a quote.