Wheel adapter kits (Good or Bad idea)

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well after calling machine shops around here and wheel repair, no one will touch it either bacuse it is a safety concern or they won't be able to get it lined up perfect, so f that! I'll keep looking around though, but probably end up selling them, although I really don't want to, but this is too much damn hassle.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea you might be better off trying to sell them for profit and picking up a similar wheel with the right lug pattern.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you hit it on the head.
Doing it right now, hate to, but too much effort in making something try to work.

Anybody now a cheap site for wheel/tire combos besides Tirerack and DiscountWheel?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I really dont know much about wheels, Im sorry dude. Just look around, you should be able to find what could be a good price for them. Keep us updated.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Trying to sell them for 300-350 range, but no takers yet, everyone's trying to low ball me for around 250.
I love when people respond to your sale saying here is my maximum budget, let me know =) Of course that's craigslist here.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Craigslist sucks everywhere. No matter what you post you get 9 out of 10 people emailing you saying "Hey do you still have it?" And you respond back "Yea I do, are you interested?" And you get no reply back. Pisses me the f**k off. End rant.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, but I can't ship these big mothers =)
I'll just keep posting every month

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Wheel adapters are pretty common and an easy solution to changing wheels with a different pattern. Go for it, just ensure you get one that inst wider than what you want. however you can offset that somewhat with a different offset wheel to maintain the "inside" the fender appearance.

I myself have to do this with my 1978 Civic since it uses 4x120mm.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So your not worried about ruining your suspension components?
Everyone seems to be.
How long have you had your adapter plates on then, and what brand?

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
So your not worried about ruining your suspension components?
Everyone seems to be.
How long have you had your adapter plates on then, and what brand?
They will not cause any problems for your suspension.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well the wheels are up for sale at the same price the adapters cost, 280.
Should I keep and adapt them or just save up for a good wheel/tire combo?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know VW guys in my area that have been running adapters off and on for years now without problems... and they are dumped.

the only problem i would be worried about in your case would be the with of the adapters making the wheel stick out too far.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True, but I don't know if 280 is worth it for adapters, I've seen many online, but these are reputable, but costly.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
True, but I don't know if 280 is worth it for adapters, I've seen many online, but these are reputable, but costly.
well, if you really like the wheels i say do it... especially since they dont make them anymore!

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very true, I just wonder, finally looked at the offset, and they are 42, but with the adapter it would be about 1-1.5".
Don't know if it would stick out too far.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Example of how craigslist sucks.
Got a call from a guy say he's very interested in the wheels.
Calls me in the afternoon, to ask more questions if I could go lower, I make a deal with him.
Then calls me that night to see what the offset was, and he can't come by today or tomorrow.
But, he would call me the next day to figure out a time to meet, since he really wants them.
Now not a word for the past 3 days.

W T F !!!

Also selling a 16mm fisheye lens.
Very interested, what is your bottom dollar, love getting this.
Work out a deal to his lowest.
Now heard nothing for a couple of days.

W T F !!!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get used to it dude. When I tried to sell things on CL, 9 out of 10 emails went like this:

Hey Im interested in your car, still for sale?

Yes, do you have any questions about it?

.....no response.....

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Also, for $280 to make the wheels work, I'd say sell them for about that and then use that money PLUS the $280 you saved and get wheels that bolt up.

CL FTL.