Where to buy Taffeta White in a spray or aersol form

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#1
So i called the Honda dealership to see if i could get some paint to paint the sideskirts and they dont sell paint, they buy it from another local place. So i call the local place and they quote me $76 for just the paint in liquid form...so i'd have to have someone else spray it....and then clear it. I know it doesnt cost that much for all you guys to have done it, so where do you get the paint in rattle cans?? Or should i just buy Frost White and deal with the fact that they arent the same color?
 

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#2
Just by a rattle can that is as close as possible. Have you tried Pep Boys or Autozone for the dupont spray cans?
 


AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#4
Advance Auto parts and Autozone both have Duplicolor in rattle cans in Honda Frost White..just not Taffeta..I dont know how far off those two are.
 


#5
HondaSpeedaX said:
Advance Auto parts and Autozone both have Duplicolor in rattle cans in Honda Frost White..just not Taffeta..I dont know how far off those two are.
you should be fine, we are lucky in that black and white are very easy to match, and even if the colors are a tiny bit off, it will be very difficult to tell the difference, unlike other colors (ie red and blue) where it is VERY easy to tell if there is a slight difference in color.
 

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#8
yea, i checked the paint swatches they had there and the frost and taffeta are almost identical so i think ill just use frost...im surprised Amy hasn't said anything yet
 
#9
HondaSpeedaX said:
yea, i checked the paint swatches they had there and the frost and taffeta are almost identical so i think ill just use frost...im surprised Amy hasn't said anything yet
well, she just bought Si sideskirts that were already painted, you on the other hand, cant do that cuz they never made a white Si
 

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#10
ah but they should have...it should have been a Championship White Si....that would be the sechsiest honda in USDM
 

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#12
yea...my gf thought i was lookin at porn the first time i saw the pics of his car lol. but yea i think frost white will work, 2 cans of paint 2 of clear ya think?
 

j_fukin_t

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#13
one6 said:
Thank you, finally somewhere I can get Championship White that's not an Acura dealer.
that and a body shop can get it for ya but it may be more expensive
 
#14
HondaSpeedaX said:
yea...my gf thought i was lookin at porn the first time i saw the pics of his car lol. but yea i think frost white will work, 2 cans of paint 2 of clear ya think?
are they full size cans? you might want 2 cans of paint per skirt and 1 can of clear per skirt. idk. i had a shop do mine.
 

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#15
how much did you pay? btw you suck for not doing it urself...you better do the wheels urself otherwise I'ma be pissed lol
 

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#17
ok so i email'd my uncle(owns the shop that painted my car and my dad's new C6) and he was advising me not to do it cuz he said that it won't stay and if it does, and part of it chips, then its nearly impossible to strip it all off again...i hate this now i dont know whether or not to paint em (its for the skirts btw)
 
#18
HondaSpeedaX said:
how much did you pay? btw you suck for not doing it urself...you better do the wheels urself otherwise I'ma be pissed lol
i just had the skirts done proffessionally cuz i had to send my car in to get some other stuff repaired/painted so i just had them spray my sideskirts/lip at the same time cuz it wasnt a whole lot more $$$.

but the wheels im doing my self. well, with the help of my friends. ive got all the paint sitting in my room, just waiting to get them blasted. then i have another friend who works at a local import dealer and he's gonna mount and balance my tires for me for free.
 

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#19
I've seen Taffeta in Autozone before. :what: Frost too, Super Red II (Toyota), Milano Red, Electron Blue, Tornado Red (VW)...
 

AutoFanatik

New Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
#20
NOFX said:
I've seen Taffeta in Autozone before. :what: Frost too, Super Red II (Toyota), Milano Red, Electron Blue, Tornado Red (VW)...
well im just going off their websites...amy would you do your own if you weren't lucky enough to have Si's? or would you take them to some1
 






VigLink badge