wire tuck

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i got a new basemap im gonna run....got it from a friend on thezcr.com....says hes running 450cc injectors...stock map sensor....and street tuned to 11psi....soo ill see how she runs once i receive the chip back from getting burned....thats another thing i need is a chip burner....but i wanna get LC-1 wideband first....
get a willam burner.
or get one from moates.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea i was thinking of buying a ostrich

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ostrich is not a chip burner tho.
its just for real time tuning.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmmm....alright ....

ill just get one from moates then.....ahhh ok i was thinking of the BURN1 burner.....not the ostrich lol

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol yeah thats a mistake.

I have heard good words about moates

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats that supposed to mean ???....i wouldnt talk...should i hook up my boost controller to my blow off valve ??? :roll::lol:
lol I was meaning as in you made a mistake when you chose one and then switched to the other one. YEAH DO IT! lol but mount them in the same place, same color, and zip tie all the lines so you cant follow them.....then try to figure out what one you are using....will the bov hit now or will the WG stay open? lol jk

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol^^^

i should be getting my new basemap next week....i cant wait to try it out :twisted: .....if it makes that big of a difference ill be sure to post vids

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
to expensive for me right now....i still have to get a wideband kit....then save up for a tune.....i mean unless you wanna give me around 700 bucks lol :lol:

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to expensive for me right now....i still have to get a wideband kit....then save up for a tune.....i mean unless you wanna give me around 700 bucks lol :lol:
Yeah, my tune will cost me about 500 or so. 4 hours of tuning and about 1 hour for making the chip and getting everything for datalog set up. might end up just payin them a whole paycheck and getting the works, where they check the car at idle with out boost, just to make sure everything is working, no leaks, right oil pressure, so on and so on. really good guys so I trust them

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how much are these basemaps costing you?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lets see i paid the guy 20 bucks for my first chip, basemap and for him to send it off.....then i paid another 10 bucks for my 2nd chip, basemap and to get shipped off...but the 2nd chip was worthless as it made the car run even more shitty......and now this time its free...sent i just sent him the 2nd chip to get reburned with a basemap that i got from a friend on thezcr.com.....but he street tuned the basemap so it should work a lot better than what im running now.....i get like 10 mpg its crazy.....but the guy is VERY helpful and seems like a great guy......

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lets see i paid the guy 20 bucks for my first chip, basemap and for him to send it off.....then i paid another 10 bucks for my 2nd chip, basemap and to get shipped off...but the 2nd chip was worthless as it made the car run even more shitty......and now this time its free...sent i just sent him the 2nd chip to get reburned with a basemap that i got from a friend on thezcr.com.....but he street tuned the basemap so it should work a lot better than what im running now.....i get like 10 mpg its crazy.....but the guy is VERY helpful and seems like a great guy......
I would be careful......I don't really trust people when it comes to this. I only really trust the shops to do this kind of work. Just my :twocents: though

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would be careful......I don't really trust people when it comes to this. I only really trust the shops to do this kind of work. Just my :twocents: though
thats a good policy. I dont trust people doing online, over the net tuning either....Chaos's car is a perfect example of why. by his own admission.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can you not go to a tuner, who already has all the software and wideband and all? seems a little silly if you have to get all that yourself. The tuner who I and everyone I know has gone to and he has all his own stuff, I pay 350 I think for my tune. And didn't have to buy anything. Maybe there aren't people like that who tune obd0?

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a good policy. I dont trust people doing online, over the net tuning either....Chaos's car is a perfect example of why. by his own admission.
exactly!
can you not go to a tuner, who already has all the software and wideband and all? seems a little silly if you have to get all that yourself. The tuner who I and everyone I know has gone to and he has all his own stuff, I pay 350 I think for my tune. And didn't have to buy anything. Maybe there aren't people like that who tune obd0?
Yeah teh shop I am goin to can tune OBD0 but charge more. With obd1 and 2 I am told you can do a LIVE tune and with OBD0 you cant. Hell when I go there next I am gettin gmy obd0 to obd1 harness and harness for my obd1 dizzy. I just think that it is like taking the weight on your shoulder when you know a tuner is doing it rather than a guy who says he can but has already f**ked up

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can tune live with OBD0
Ostrich for Real time programming
and Hulog for datalog

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can tune live with OBD0
Ostrich for Real time programming
and Hulog for datalog
huh, I was told that you can't Live tune OBD0, but I will double check with them on it.
I heard about HULOG and read a thread on it. It is pretty cool and straight forward too.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got a free hf heatshield today.....i plan on sanding it and then high temp black paint....should look nice once im done with it :lol: