wont idle and sputters at partial throttle

civickid81290

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have this weird problem ever since I replaced the block on my ls turbo. The car doesn't idle for anything, sometimes on a cold start it will idle for a few minutes but then will die. When it is warm it dies as soon as the throttle is let off. Also the car sputters and bogs under very light throttle, almost sounds like ignition breakup, and goes away as soon as more throttle is applied. No cel lights. The car also seems to pull too little vacuum, about 10 when I hold the throttle so it can idle. Can anyone help me out this has stumped me and everyone I know. I was thinking maybe the distributor.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are all your grounds good?

Vitaliy93

Be more specific to what you changed before the problem occurred.

civickid81290

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed the block after melting a piston. Did a compression test was between 155 and 170 on all 4

knorm

i am having the same issues. i have just a 94 ls swap non turbo.. ive tried everything cant figure it out

knorm

i dont have any codes.. and the person that had it before me said he triple checked the timing.. i tried cleaning the mass air flow sensor/throttle body/ IACV... running out of thing to check. im thinking maybe a vaccuum leak?

RonJ

Banned
i dont have any codes.. and the person that had it before me said he triple checked the timing.. i tried cleaning the mass air flow sensor/throttle body/ IACV... running out of thing to check. im thinking maybe a vaccuum leak?
Don't rely on information from the seller. Start troubleshooting as though you know nothing about the car.

Does the CEL work?