workout routines

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
had a buddy on the CIAU (equivalent of NCAA for canucks) swim team at my old university with the same problem. he was a tall lanky f**kign string bean, but had cardio like a motherfucker. he ran circles around us hockey players

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
i would suggest you work out 2 days...day off...2 days...day off etc.
eat at least 5 meals a day..3 regular meals and 2 meal replacements at least. for about 3k calories intake
you should be consuming your weight in grams of protein a day

take some creatine tablets....tablets dont carry the negative things of powder form
drink some protein mix....ill tell you tomorrow what i was taking...tastes hella good and mixes awesome

run only about 2 times a week for only about 30 mins since youre trying to gain weight and you dont want to burn too many calories.

hope this helps.
i eat like.. all the time probably every 2-3 hrs a small serving of something not including the main meals.

to drink protein mixes, do you have to work out or anything before/after? or you just drink it like water...

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for gaining weight take muscle mass and cell mass. for protein get Myomax and go on cycles of creatine like N O explode. never work out the same muscles 2 days in a row except for abs, you can work out abs every single day of the week. drink Lots of water, eat regularly and you will be golden.

Only take protein/supplements if you are serious about working out and work out 5 or 6 out of 7 days of the week.

you can also take glutamine, which takes out the toxins that make your muscles burn, but you have to take it pre-work out then take creatine after working out.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ride my bike 30min a day on the indoor trainer.

Switched my diet to get rid of high-fructose corn syrup and stopped drinking soda. Eat lots of protein, one of my favorite snacks is 16oz of lowfat cottage cheese with pear halves in it. TONS of protein. One serving of cottage cheese has 27% of your daily protein needs. There's 4 servings in 16oz.

I still drink my coffee though I shouldn't.

That's how I stay in shape while working a night desk job. No I'm not gaining weight, but I'm staying strong and I have great cardio.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they say caffiene is good for you if youre working out in muscle and fitness magazine

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you can't eat also, lifting isnt for you. I eat over 5000 calories a day.

an at least drink 1 gallon of water a day.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I usually run around 3 miles every other day, drink tons of water, and eat like 4/5 small meals but it seems that I just go back and forth between 185 and 200. I mean, im not really badly out of shape, but im not really where i want to be weight wise (160 -170)..

I also used to only eat like 1-2 meals a day.. mainly because I HATE eating before 12.. Now im sorta forcing myself to eat atleast some fruit or oatmeal or something so we'll see how that goes..

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i have my starting weight at 261 according to the doctor checkup i had yesterday, so i have roughly...40 lbs to lose? but im making mini-goals of 10 lb increments. im cutting out late-night eating, sodas, sweets and eating more protein and drinking lots more water. when i get back to school (Mon.) i plan to start biking 30 min. a day and 100 crunches. so we'll see how this works.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Talk to random about losing weight. After hearing his story I started hitting the gym/eating right and I went from 210 to 165.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
Talk to random about losing weight. After hearing his story I started hitting the gym/eating right and I went from 210 to 165.
yous one fine motha sucka..... ;)

:lol: :rolf:

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you dont want to go to the gym, calisthenics are the way to go. Here's like what I did yesterday, my first workout in a LONG time...

Normal pushups x30
Normal pullups (palms away) x5
Flutter kicks x50
Widearm pushups x30
Widearm pullups x5
Leg lifts x25
Diamond pushups x10
Normal chinups (palms towards you) x5
Supine bicycles x50
Tricep pushups (with your hands about even with your suplex, the upper part of your arm is pretty much against your torso) x20
Widearm chinups x5
Scissor kicks x25
Ranger claps with some kinda weight, like maybe a heavy pair of boots or something... till you die
8-count body builders... till you die
Normal pushups till fail

Do s**t like that, with some heavy nutritional intake, say Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, with a short (like a mile) run and a couple exercises (say 3 sets of pushups) on Tue and Thur, take Sunday off. Then if that becomes too easy start increasing numbers of things and run distances.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, you know im doing good....REAL good!!

:rolf: :rolf:

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wolfy said:
If you dont want to go to the gym, calisthenics are the way to go. Here's like what I did yesterday, my first workout in a LONG time...

Normal pushups x30
Normal pullups (palms away) x5
Flutter kicks x50
Widearm pushups x30
Widearm pullups x5
Leg lifts x25
Diamond pushups x10
Normal chinups (palms towards you) x5
Supine bicycles x50
Tricep pushups (with your hands about even with your suplex, the upper part of your arm is pretty much against your torso) x20
Widearm chinups x5
Scissor kicks x25
Ranger claps with some kinda weight, like maybe a heavy pair of boots or something... till you die
8-count body builders... till you die
Normal pushups till fail

Do s**t like that, with some heavy nutritional intake, say Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, with a short (like a mile) run and a couple exercises (say 3 sets of pushups) on Tue and Thur, take Sunday off. Then if that becomes too easy start increasing numbers of things and run distances.
that's perfect. exactly what i was looking for. I don't know what some of those things are, but google will help there. Thanks man!!

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem, you won't gain a ton of weight without some kind of protein supplement, but you will definitely get stronger and more defined as well as gain some weight. Listen to the other guys about protein and dietary supplements cause I personally dont do any of that. :D

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im on a strict routine...

12oz curls, every chance i get :P

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
slowhatch said:
for gaining weight take muscle mass and cell mass. for protein go on cycles of creatine and N O explode. never work out the same muscles 2 days in a row except for abs, you can work out abs every single day of the week. drink Lots of water, eat regularly and you will be golden.

Only take protein/supplements if you are serious about working out and work out 5 or 6 out of 7 days of the week.
there is zero protien in strickly creatine and NO supplements. some supplements you can buy that have a small mix of them, but the 3 are completely different things. also if ur trying to gain weight and have a hard time of it, u cant workout that much.

for the ppl who want to gain weight
here's what i can tell u from my classes(kinesiology major) and my friends who have been doin it longer.
eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours(6meals a day) must eat breakfast.keep your basic 3 main meals, and for your last meal eat right before you go to sleep(shake, malt, pbj) at 1st it will suck but ur stomach will stretch and u will begin to get hungry every 2 or so hours then u will be fine. work out everyother day, 3 days a week(MWF) . and if u really have trouble putting on weight, then no cardio. once u get to the weight u want u will have no problem getting ur abs back. protien shakes n all are fine, easy way to add more protien to ur diet, but use with meals not inplace of meals. for hardgainers, its gonna take time, u wont see 10 pounds a week, its not steriods. be happy with a solid 1-2 pounds a week and u wil get there
also low reps, high weight, no more then 3 sets for gaining weight.
hope that helps

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i poop bricks seriously.. my metabolism is crazy fast