Wow...WTF Youth?!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's because education absolutely correlates to local families income. You live in an area with above average income, you're going to get above average education. You go to a city with extremely low incomes, and you're going to have an education system that's also extremely low. It's how it's been. You have money, you can afford better education.
Bull. I lived one house away from a girl who would still be in 4th grade if it weren't for No Child Left Behind. This girl put less than 24 hours of work into her school career, inside and outside of school. She had no right to graduate 8th grade let alone graduate high school. Poles apart. It's not the area you live in, parents matter. The area you live in may have an effect on education, but it's an INDIRECT effect that does not guarantee the results you claim.
Instead of completely yanking it, provide it to those that actually need it, and yank it from those that are abusing it.
That's completely impossible Jason. We live in a society of "gimme because I want it." There's no way to regulate who actually does deserve it and who doesn't. Then you'll get people who say "The Johnson's get it, and I'm in a tougher situation, I need it." Next thing you know, everyone is complaining that they don't get it, but someone else does. Anthony is completely right.....all of it needs to be yanked. Just GTF rid of it, and people might actually start working for what they deserve.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The area of schools I went to, no matter how much you applied yourself or achieved, more than likely, you weren't going to be getting into a nice college. We had 1 kid get to Harvard and it was big news, only reason he got to Harvard was because his parents could afford it. 90% of the kids are still going to community college, and going to make mediocre pay. Why should they apply themselves and achieve when they know that no matter how much they try, they won't be getting ahead.
not everyone has to go to college to succeed that is a lie you have been sold by society.. not that it is record setting but I know someone well who makes 70-80k doing custom wood and tile work.. he took the time to learn a trade.. that is after he dropped out of high school and moved out.. no one spoon fed him s**t.. and I find your generalization of society offensive.. people succeed because they want to... myself included... if I wanted something I worked for it.. period.. maybe if these people would spend as much time learning a trade as they did throwing a pity party about ivy league schools they could amount to something..

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You guys should marry =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And dammit Anthony I sent you a PM.
ha sorry forgot to reply.. nothing that I know of ever came of that.. if you really want to pursue it go ahead.. but by the lack of response to my last post.. maybe the message has already been made clear..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You guys should marry =)
We've talked about it before. We do see eye to eye on quite a few things, but we have completely different interests. I like guns, he like.....WAIT!!!
ha sorry forgot to reply.. nothing that I know of ever came of that.. if you really want to pursue it go ahead.. but by the lack of response to my last post.. maybe the message has already been made clear..
Alright. I think I might just let it go then. At the very most, maybe I'll send in something and forget about it.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
You'd be surprised man, Ephrata has a very good schooling program. Not too many dumbass kids running around here.
I would be surprised, the only people I met from there were some of the most hilljack folks I ever met in WA. Of course I shouldnt let a few idiots brand the whole town lol.