Wow...WTF Youth?!

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its just like watching Jay Walking in the Jay Leno show. Its not just kids its the public in general. Im with everyone else. Its starts with the parents. I dont have kids yet but plan on having a family some day. There are plenty of times i look around and think to myself "Really!?" they let these people have kids!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ed[K*];3116219 said:
^ this vid is whats wrong with America, like i said before: ive lost all hope in people. and kids these days are just plain out stoooooooopid.

on a sidenote, chuck norris is on mt rushmore lmao hahaha i didnt know that!
she was close.. CHUCK NORRIS BUILT MT. RUSHMORE

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Meet the Obama voters..... :rolf:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*Potentially NWS*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5p3OB6roAg

I'm sure a bunch of you have heard this before, but just thought I'd bring it up again since Jason thinks politics have nothing to do with this. What's the common theme in both videos? Nobody knows WTF they're talking about.
It doesn't. They show selected clips of the SAME people. I bet this guy was out there all day long getting interviews, how many of those got most of the answers correct?

Howard Stern does it to create controversy. Also that was in Harlem, which has EXTREMELY high drop out rates (More than 50%), and a large percentage live under the poverty line.

Actually post some credible material next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCtDk9Q2r2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjP-y7YaNUE&feature=related

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Howard Stern does it to create controversy. Also that was in Harlem, which has EXTREMELY high drop out rates (More than 50%), and a large percentage live under the poverty line
So you're trying to tell me that living below the poverty line, and living in an area with a high drop out right gives people an excuse to be ignorant?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So you're trying to tell me that living below the poverty line, and living in an area with a high drop out right gives people an excuse to be ignorant?
If you live below the poverty line, and in an area where over 40% of the adult population doesn't have HS Diplomas, more than likely it's going to be an ignorant area. Howard Stern knew this.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you live below the poverty line, and in an area where over 40% of the adult population doesn't have HS Diplomas, more than likely it's going to be an ignorant area. Howard Stern knew this.
Is it Howard Stern's fault that the area is ignorant? No. He simply pointed it out.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is it Howard Stern's fault that the area is ignorant? No. He simply pointed it out.
He picked an area that he knew would be ignorant. Why not go to an area where, like a college town, there are Obama voters and see the answers then?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ed[K*];3116219 said:
^ this vid is whats wrong with America, like i said before: ive lost all hope in people. and kids these days are just plain out stoooooooopid!
i totally agree even though im 20 and from CALIFORNIA i know so many kidz that wont know even half of these questions here in texas were i currently reside ... so i think they need to aver generalize and rename it just so that dumbsh** people wont think all californians are idiots.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Makes me scared for when my son is in high school :shock:

side note - my uncle lives 60 miles from Olive Branch.
Makes me scared for my little brother.

side note- that sucks lol

Im not a fan of this area really, I went 15 miles south to pick up a trans from a guy in coldwater MS. I literally felt like I was in some Road Warrior s**t, minus the desert.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
He picked an area that he knew would be ignorant. Why not go to an area where, like a college town, there are Obama voters and see the answers then?
Because the point wasn't to see if college kids were aware of how Obama stood on certain issues. The point was to see if blacks were really voting for Obama regardless of whether they knew what he really stood for. Yea, minorities tend to vote Dem, and after Bush.....well quite a few people didn't want to vote Rep. But I got to take a look at the stats for the last election, it was broken down into who voted for who. Broken down into race, religion, gender, and age. For all intents and purposes, it was pretty even, neither side got much more than 60% of the votes from any one group.....except 95% of blacks voted for Obama. Justify that for me, and somehow make me believe that there was a legitimate reason for it.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Howard Stern does it to create controversy. Also that was in Harlem, which has EXTREMELY high drop out rates (More than 50%), and a large percentage live under the poverty line.

oh well then s**t dawg.. I didn't knows dem people were poor..

it is totally acceptable to be dumb as a f**king rock when you are poor.. I guess at least..

young people are useless because they are allowed to be.. as long as we as a collective society enable people to fail, they will continue to do so.. want to see some success? yank those free meal tickets, healthcare, and all the rest of that BS welfare.. when there is no need to learn.. work.. succeed.. one will not.. but as hunger sets in, all that superficial nonsense that most people's lives revolve around will quickly fall off of the earth, and food, shelter, etc.. will become important.. once REAL s**t is important.. people will be FORCED to learn.. and strive for success.. that or they will just start dropping like flies.. clearing the path for the rest of us..

the key issue with our nation? mediocrity is the standard we STRIVE to achieve.. as someone else pointed out.. "no child left behind" what a bunch of horse s**t.. "when I was in school" you know how you didnt get "left behind"? you APPLIED YOURSELF and ACHIEVED a passing grade..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because the point wasn't to see if college kids were aware of how Obama stood on certain issues. The point was to see if blacks were really voting for Obama regardless of whether they knew what he really stood for. .

we really need to re enable rep in the lounge..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh well then s*** dawg.. I didn't knows dem people were poor..

it is totally acceptable to be dumb as a f***ing rock when you are poor.. I guess at least..
It's because education absolutely correlates to local families income. You live in an area with above average income, you're going to get above average education. You go to a city with extremely low incomes, and you're going to have an education system that's also extremely low. It's how it's been. You have money, you can afford better education.

young people are useless because they are allowed to be.. as long as we as a collective society enable people to fail, they will continue to do so.. want to see some success? yank those free meal tickets, healthcare, and all the rest of that BS welfare..
Instead of completely yanking it, provide it to those that actually need it, and yank it from those that are abusing it.

when there is no need to learn.. work.. succeed.. one will not.. but as hunger sets in, all that superficial nonsense that most people's lives revolve around will quickly fall off of the earth, and food, shelter, etc.. will become important.. once REAL s*** is important.. people will be FORCED to learn.. and strive for success.. that or they will just start dropping like flies.. clearing the path for the rest of us..
You need to give the kids the need to learn, work and succeed. Most education systems in the low income education systems don't because they KNOW, statically, the kids won't. Why won't they? They can't afford to move to another area that has better jobs, can't afford better education.

the key issue with our nation? mediocrity is the standard we STRIVE to achieve.. as someone else pointed out.. "no child left behind" what a bunch of horse s***.. "when I was in school" you know how you didnt get "left behind"? you APPLIED YOURSELF and ACHIEVED a passing grade..
The area of schools I went to, no matter how much you applied yourself or achieved, more than likely, you weren't going to be getting into a nice college. We had 1 kid get to Harvard and it was big news, only reason he got to Harvard was because his parents could afford it. 90% of the kids are still going to community college, and going to make mediocre pay. Why should they apply themselves and achieve when they know that no matter how much they try, they won't be getting ahead.