Y7 or Y8 Injectors

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^oh god no, that would be absurdly expensive. Advance auto they are $75 each. Honda's are a little more. I'd say a set of good stockers would go for $40. I've got like 6 sets. Also if you can't find obd2 ones you could use the pig tails and obd1 injectors.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i meant call honda, and then look. anything should be cheaper than them lol it would give you a idea if your paying way to much

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Yeah, I was going to say like $50-ish seems right. I'm used to pricing for SRT injectors / Neon injectors, so I'm used to people paying weird amounts and squealing about "deals."

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
I found some injectors on eBay, so I put in an offer for them. Under $35 if they accept them. They are stock D16Y8 injectors, so hopefully that'll at LEAST get that part running straight. They'll "bolt" into the Y7 fuel rail, right? Also. . . . newb status . . . are they difficult to swap out? I've never pulled injectors before.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they will go right in. and its really easy. pull the fuel pump fuse. depressureize the fuel system. get a cup ready. undo the nut that bolts to fuel rail from fuel hose. unbolt fuel rail and what not. take it out. put a little bit of oil on the o rings so they slide in nice. you dont want them to be wrong. thats my one mintue how to

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if the car has been sitting awhile you don't need to depressurize the fuel system just take the fuel line off and not much will come out. and you don't need a cup the spilled fuel will evaporate. just sayinn

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Right. I typically get home from class ~1p and then go mess with the car at like 5 or 6. I should be able to swap these out in an hour or so? I've pulled the rail before, but I've never popped an injector out.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i thought he still drove the car. well i always do it. and i just dont like fuel getting all over in my engine bay. lol idk

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i thought he still drove the car. well i always do it. and i just dont like fuel getting all over in my engine bay. lol idk
haha i wasn't trying to knock ya i was just saying. if your car is sitting for like a day theres usually not much pressure in there

Right. I typically get home from class ~1p and then go mess with the car at like 5 or 6. I should be able to swap these out in an hour or so? I've pulled the rail before, but I've never popped an injector out.
swapping injectors is alot easier then you think. it will take you about 10 minutes

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah. they just pop out. mine normally come out with the rail even

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Took me 10 minutes to get the damn injector clips off the injectors.. once I got those off it took ~2 minutes to make the switch...

Switching out injectors fixed my lean issue.. clogged injector FTL. Of course it was tuned to get enough fuel with a clogged injector.. since I switched them and haven't been retuned yet I'm dumping so much fuel it idles at 11.7 on a wideband afr.. average 15.4 mpg last tank!

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Hmmm... I don't think mine is doing that. It's all 100% stock Y8 aside from injectors. I'm pulling 32-33 MPGs combined city / highway though.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yess. but you could always just reuse your rail??

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes they will fit in the y7 rail

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
WOOT WOOT! Pretty sure I read that on another forum or something anyway. Haha. Well hopefully I can snag a set cheap. I didn't pull through with the eBay set because a few other things came up. Will I feel a difference in injectors? Or is it just a safety thing for how the engine runs?