y7 to y8 IM/TB swap

EJ8BlackOwl

Carlos!
Make sure you get the 96-98 automatic manifold. The 99-00 have extra air injection holes that will be a pain in the ass and cause a vacuum leak. Also, like the other dude said get the automatic TB so it will plug in with your three wire IACV plug. I did it on mine, I also did the y8 exhaust manifold. I did all this while the engine was out, so I never got to compare it with out, I feel like there is some good pull in mid rpm. Good luck.

epic_civic

personally, i would listen to Ronj, he knows what he is talking about. but the IM doesn't add much of anything, i've done it. it was more for looks than anything! the oem airbox looked stupid to me. if you want to add a little bit though, do a mini me, it'll still pass inspection from what i've read.

fanaticx

well as for my 2 cents! go for it man. i have looked closely at both manifolds and the way the air flows through the tb into the intake. the y8 is alot smoother. with a nice cia it should let more air in with a lot smoother flow. the air going into a y7 has to do a 90 degree turn just to flow through the tb. im gonna being the same swap here shortly