Y8 Mini Me Help

donkeylips87

Did you try adjusting the idle speed using the method in the service manual?
I'll give it a whirl this weekend. I attempted to drive it to work this morning and got a CEL 2 miles down the road so I turned around, and swapped vehicles. I didn't have time to check the code. I am work again until Saturday at 8AM protecting freedom and democracy, so Ill have to check out tomorrow. I am hoping this CEL will point me in the right direction.

Kurtis

donkeylips87

The CEL is gone. I checked it yesterday and it was a code 45 which is running too lean or too rich. I figured this was because the idle speed and timing was all dicked up. I have fixed the idle speed and the timing. The car runs fine but still feels a bit sluggish to me. I am not sure how the cold idle is yet. I will find out tomorrow.

Kurtis

donkeylips87

Change number 15: It still nearly dies at idle but is less noticeable. I got the CEL again on the way home. I pulled into AutoZone had the nice lady run the OBDII scanner and got P0171. Too lean on bank 1. I have a feeling this is the same issue that is causing the car to feel sluggish. I am going to do some troubleshooting over the next few days.

Kurtis

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Change number 15: It still nearly dies at idle but is less noticeable. I got the CEL again on the way home. I pulled into AutoZone had the nice lady run the OBDII scanner and got P0171. Too lean on bank 1. I have a feeling this is the same issue that is causing the car to feel sluggish. I am going to do some troubleshooting over the next few days.

Kurtis
thats not good. try pulling timing and checking for fuel.

donkeylips87

I have adjust timing to where it runs best. Then, I retarded it a little. I've been driving it for a few days now and it runs wonderfully. It still hasn't had a CEL.

Bad: It still idles rough when cold for the first 30 secs of running. Other than that it runs great.

donkeylips87

You need Y8 injectors I had the same thing happen while waitng for my Y8s.
This is the last thing I can think of. I checked fuel pressure and it was perfect. The only thing left is the MAP sensor and the injectors. That's it. There is no way it's the MAP sensor.

I have Y8 injectors lying around but I don't have the harness for them. I do some research and see what I can find.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is the last thing I can think of. I checked fuel pressure and it was perfect. The only thing left is the MAP sensor and the injectors. That's it. There is no way it's the MAP sensor.

I have Y8 injectors lying around but I don't have the harness for them. I do some research and see what I can find.
if they are y8 ones, they should be plug n play