yes yet another b18b swap question

hatchlife96

i've looked threw maybe 12 forums i'm curious with my 6th gen hatch (96 dx) if i need to purchase special mounts for a b18b swap or if it will just bolt in the stock d16 engine mounts ? also i haven't seen this discussed is the integra's cable clutch im pretty sure the civic's are hydrolic any clearance issues with the throttle cables?
thx in advance:lol:

o tranny as well im new to the b swaps and ive given a b16 and the b18b a test run ..im hooked

Last edited:

honda_skater

If the transmission is a cable trans, it won't work. Obd1 and up civics are hydrolic. As far as the throttle cable goes, I don't think it's a problem. However I still have a d series lol. But I don't think my friends ever bought a new throttle cable when they swapped their motors.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should be able to use the stock mounts EXCEPT you need a B16 rear T-bracket (where the motor bolts to the subframe). The other mounts and brackets should all work though.

When I did my Y8 to GSR swap I'm pretty sure I got a B16 throttle cable (I can't for the life of me remember).

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should be able to use the stock mounts EXCEPT you need a B16 rear T-bracket (where the motor bolts to the subframe). The other mounts and brackets should all work though.

When I did my Y8 to GSR swap I'm pretty sure I got a B16 throttle cable (I can't for the life of me remember).
This! But while you have the motor out, inspect your mounts and if they're ripped get some 3M Window Weld and you can fix that.

As for the throttle cable, I had issues with the D-series throttle cable being too long IIRC.