yo yo yooo!

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya man no problem. read a couple books and or use online forums to help that are photography specialty.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are many differences in lens, some are fast, some are long, some can zoom, some can distort. the glass inside them as well makes them different, some use extreme high quality glass and those are usually the pro lenses and they are expensive as hell. then there are some lens that are reasonably cheap and are amazing lenses for what they are.

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ay whats this mean??
Only supports SWM motor lenses

can i still get fisheye cheap?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shoot something about the autofocus or something. invest in the XT:cool:. i dont believe the d40 has an af motor in the camera itself (really not sure). and the fisheye lens that i found for 300 was for canon, i dont really know anything for nikon lenses

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya you can still man focus but when you want to shoot something thats moving or is gunna move away the autofocus is great.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya you can still man focus but when you want to shoot something thats moving or is gunna move away the autofocus is great.
Manual focus is good for macros or when you're shooting lots of items in a frame at different depths, I find. I use autofocus lots too, it's good for point and shoot when you don't got much time to play around.

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do i need to do any maintance or care for it ? is it safe to take on a cruise? like will the salt hurt it?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just keeping dust of lens and sensor and not dropping but other than that not much maintenance.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm keep the glass shielded or clean it if it looks dirty, same for camera. it should be just fine just dont allow the salt easy access to anything but there shouldn't be much anyway.

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ay i dont got a camera bag? is it alright if i wrap it in microfiber towels and put it in my bookbag?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya just be careful, dont drop or put in with pointy objects and make sure its on top so you dont squish it if your bag does drop.