Unknown Head Swap: Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daltonshirley68

I think I fix the problem it wasn't getting enough air the air filter was pushed up to much still haven't got the vtech hooked up yet though

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean by the air filter being "pushed up too much"? And by "think", do you mean youve been able to get the car running again and it feels better?

daltonshirley68

Yes it's staying running now it's not shutting off when I try to go like it was

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You still havent explained what you meant about the air filter.

daltonshirley68

The air filter was pushed up on the pipe.and we pushed that down and it seems to be working fine now

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
An original style air filter sits into a recessed fitting in a box with the intake TUBE going onto the intake manifold. There is absolutely no way that the proper filter can be "pushed up a pipe". So either you have an aftermarket air intake tube with an oddly fit air filter or youre not explaining clear enough.

Miscommunications are only going to work against you, so its in your best interest to try your best to describe clearly or at least provide acconpanying pictures.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So where does the word "push" become involved? You need to start making a serious effort to make sense before you eliminate any interest in making people willing to help you. No one likes to force spoon feed easy info for free.

Last edited:

daltonshirley68

I pushed the air filter down on the pipe back to were it supposed to be and put the clamp back on and now it seems to be working fine

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A loose aftermarket filter wouldnt cause that unless your forgot to mention that the tube slid all the way in to the point of blocking virtually all breathability through the filter.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your weak explanations show little effort. Good luck getting replies with further issues.

daltonshirley68

Idk I am so done with this car I probably will just get rid of it and fine something else because I can't afford to be fixing it all the time.and idk much about them I am a muscle kinda guy any but course I don't have the money to get another vehicle so idk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If you know "muscle" cars then you should be able to fix this basic stuff wrong with this car.

Basically, you had the intake pipe inserted so far into the cone filter that the pipe was up against the flat part of the filter. So when you hit the throttle the pipe sucked up flat against the rubber top of the filter which cut off the air supply.

Same as trying to suck through a straw with your finger covering up the other end.

daltonshirley68

I think that was the problem because I fix that and it started to run again it's still not running the way it's supposed to because it has no get up and go and it don't like going uphill it takes forever

daltonshirley68

Do you guys think I have something wrong with my fuel system because it has no hp and no balls to get up a hill

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reconnect your vtec. Theres no way your engine will run properly with that disconnected. You been told this several times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.