Status
Not open for further replies.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look it up. Ive already suggested how. Put forth some effort.

daltonshirley68

So I just got a new job and want to do some upgrades to my 92 honda civic hatchback cx what do you guys think I should do and what's a good website to do the build off of

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before you consider any upgrades, visit a reputable mechanic and make sure your vtec is connected and functioning correctly. Have them check to ensure nothing else has been missed, and do any regular maintenance it still needs. Consider having them perform a full fuel system cleaning as they can make a huge difference. Once all thats done, drive the car around for a while so you get a good feel of that engine. You have yet to drive your engine in tip-top condition so you really dont know how it performs yet. Once you do, THEN begin to consider upgrade options.

If i were you, I'd "upgrade" back to a stock air intake box and drop in a K&N air filter. Keep the tube if in the future you really upgrade the engine. if the filter is even a decent brand.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correction: Looking back at this older photo I see its a Spectre filter, which is a good brand. Hold on to it if you seriously plan on heavily upgrading the engine. If not, sell it for funds towards other sensible upgrades like quality plugs, refurbishing the injectors, ceramic brakes, etc.

daltonshirley68

The problem is there is no mechanic around me that will touch it or knows about honda as far as the vtec goes and the others won't touch it because it's been swap

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Either your local mechanics suck or you're not looking in the right places. What city & state do you live in?

daltonshirley68

Timewell il closet city is qunicy.and I just think they suck I called like 6 different places

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
First off, you have not reported anything as to what you did to confirm this thing is running correctly.

You JUST got a job, how about you just save up some extra money. A POS Civic is that last place your money should go.

daltonshirley68

Because I would rather spend my money in something I already own then go but another project that could turn out to be worse

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We cant tell you what to do, but it is never a good idea to start modding your car without having even basic automotive knowledge as you've shown throughout this thread. You clearly need to learn a lot more and start doing some legitimate research. Otherwise, you will need to spend plenty of money to pay mechanics to PROPERLY do work on your car.

You have a rare great engine (for being a D-series) that you have yet to finish simple things on. You've been told what you should do with that engine. If you dont, you're just ruining an engine that true Honda enthusiasts would love to have. For that, sell it or trade it for a common US engine that will be easier for you to source information on.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've written so multiple times in this thread. It is an engine not original to the US. Regardless, all Honda engines are relatively easy to work on and there is plenty of information online about any Honda engine. Yet again, if you would do any reasonable amount of research that has been suggested in this thread you would know much more. Clearly you continue not to research enough about your engine, so you're choosing not to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.