1997 DX hatch

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very good progress! What's the ETA of motor? Do you know?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! I was going to go with Raxles for my swap until Insane shafts and killer deal popped up. Smart man

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice! less camber ftw
Yessir. No need for all that camber on a car that will be daily driven.

Very good progress! What's the ETA of motor? Do you know?
When I originally called Steve, he said it should arrive on the 25-26 and to call on the 19th for a tracking number. I called today, a day early, to see if he had a tracking number yet. He did and it might actually arrive tomorrow, but we'll see. Its being delivered to my dad's work so I would be able to pick it up on Saturday.

Nice! I was going to go with Raxles for my swap until Insane shafts and killer deal popped up. Smart man
Thanks man! I've heard nothing but good things about them and the come with a lifetime warranty too.

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Dude, that car is looking good! Love the new hardware and can't wait for pics of the new motor man!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well the engine was supposed to get here on Friday, but the truck was too big, so the driver is coming back on Monday with a smaller truck. Too bad I'll be on vacation until next weekend...

Anyway, since the engine will be here next week I started to order everything I need to finish. So far only the catalytic converter came in, but the rest of the parts should be here later this week while I'm gone.

My buddy also hooked me up with a new Honda battery.

Hoarding parts...

I've been doing a lot of work, but its not really picture worthy. Working on wiring, cleaning, etc.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there a reason you didn't choose a direct fit magnaflow cat?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dude, nice. how much was that Honda battery?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man!

Is there a reason you didn't choose a direct fit magnaflow cat?
The direct fits for a 2000 Si are about $100 more than the universal Honda/Acura one I got and do not come in 2.25" size. Also, since I have the Apexi WSII for an EK hatch, I need to have the midpipe shortened anyway for the install so I'll have the flanges welded on then.

damn dude, nice. how much was that Honda battery?
Thanks bro. Since I got the battery from my buddy it was $75. I think its $110 without the discount. It's still cheaper than getting one at autozone though.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Strange, I bought my old one for 100. Guess the prices went sky high all of a sudden.

SiR.Huey

You don't know how bad I want to get a new honda battery. My Sure Start looks soooo ugly in my bay but I can't find a reason to trash a good battery. The thing hasn't quit on me so I'm just gonna wait till it dies or gets weak. progress is looking good and I can't wait for you to get that new motor!! congrats on the purchase and ood luck on with the install!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Strange, I bought my old one for 100. Guess the prices went sky high all of a sudden.
That is weird. Where did you get yours from?

You don't know how bad I want to get a new honda battery. My Sure Start looks soooo ugly in my bay but I can't find a reason to trash a good battery. The thing hasn't quit on me so I'm just gonna wait till it dies or gets weak. progress is looking good and I can't wait for you to get that new motor!! congrats on the purchase and ood luck on with the install!
Thanks a lot man! I'm stoked for the new motor too. I had an old sure start too and it was really weak before it sat for a year and a half so I figured why not replace it with an OEM Honda one?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe I went through autoparts warehouse. Not so sure. But I know I just googled the direct fits and went with the cheapest price I found.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, when I get around to ordering swap parts, do I need the EKSTK 2, or 3 bolt timing side mount kit for the 92-95 b16a?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, when I get around to ordering swap parts, do I need the EKSTK 2, or 3 bolt timing side mount kit for the 92-95 b16a?
depends on your motor. B16's use 2 bolts, B18's uses 3.