96 SI civic

Damo

5+ Year Member
How is somebody expressing their taste in cars bad? That's right.......it's not. This site was not founded on "JDM" or "clean" cars, it was founded on the Honda community. And YOU make the Honda community look bad when you s**t on members simply because they have a different taste in cars.
i could of not said it better my self. if he talks like that a cruise nights are car shows he prob get his head kicked in for talking like that i know i saw some people had that happon. i see alot of cars i think are ugly because they are learning on there own or put alot of work into and its just mean to say there cars are a POS. i will start taking to them about there car of what little things i like or even this i dont like i will still say nice things because it makes them more happy and proud of there car. like next year i get my civic all done like i have plans and some a*****e came up and said this is a s**t box i would tell them off because i have put in alot of work.

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
True that. I hate when people tell me I drive a civic and acts like its a p.o.s. Even though my car is wicked clean and just had a B20 dropped in. They don't realize I BUILT IT. Like this one kid tells me his 2010 M3 is the s**t when mommy and daddy paid for it. I did it all on my own. I feel your pain bud.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is that an OBD1 or OBD2 D15B? It looks like the first gen obd1 because of the lack of the second solenoid.

Anyways, I don't like the way your car looks, but I appreciate that you care to be different about it. I like the "clean, JDM look," but its overdone and time for something new. I think you should take some styling cues from other members, or other clean cars, but be tasteful. Let it flow nicely and don't overcrowd your car with things that take away from either the created beauty or the natural beauty of a clean ass civic.

Overall, its your car and I'm glad your not building it for someone else to say, "That's JDM as f**k!"

nates97coupe

How is somebody expressing their taste in cars bad? That's right.......it's not. This site was not founded on "JDM" or "clean" cars, it was founded on the Honda community. And YOU make the Honda community look bad when you s**t on members simply because they have a different taste in cars.
just drop it i get the point..but im not the only person on this site who thinks what im trying to say. Honda is one hell of a car franchise and makes nice cars. but when people rice out there cars, it puts a bad image on hondas and makes them seem cheap. peopl WILL have there own styles and people WILL have thier own opinions. but when i say something to somebody and he tries to be a smartass to me about my car...thats not happening when hes the ricer not me. so whatever. GL with your build, but one day your probably going to regret not going witha clean look.

Damo

5+ Year Member
Is that an OBD1 or OBD2 D15B? It looks like the first gen obd1 because of the lack of the second solenoid.

Anyways, I don't like the way your car looks, but I appreciate that you care to be different about it. I like the "clean, JDM look," but its overdone and time for something new. I think you should take some styling cues from other members, or other clean cars, but be tasteful. Let it flow nicely and don't overcrowd your car with things that take away from either the created beauty or the natural beauty of a clean ass civic.

Overall, its your car and I'm glad your not building it for someone else to say, "That's JDM as f**k!"
you know i dont know if its a OBD1 or OBD2 D15B it was in the car when i got the car.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well....it's original...good luck with the build buddy....try not to spend any $$ that you will regret later, just a heads up....some people get carried away..

as for the flaming holy f*ck man, leave the kid alone... it's his car..

emerican

Registered VIP
^ agreed i hated a little in the begging but im done with that its his car and i would like to see update on things youve done to the car.

Brandonnn

if this is what he can come up with on low cash imagine if he actually had enough cash for the things he really wants. lol

Damo

5+ Year Member
if this is what he can come up with on low cash imagine if he actually had enough cash for the things he really wants. lol
true i want new rims and a type r b18 engine but thats not for along time or i mite build another eg because i can get alot of parts off my friends. then i would sell this car i dont know yet. but there are really not much to up date but beside i am getting a new catback exhaust from K2 and a type r like shift nob in gun metal look. i have tooken off the lip for now and painted the grill black. im getting some stock headlights for free and try somthing inside them for somthing to pass the time do to a death in the family.

here are some pics of the reason why i have the lip on the bumper was like this besides the holes i made. they have cracks and a part riped off under the bumper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

with lip off and painted grill

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics i cant find my camara.

i am hoping soon to pick up a another bumper like mine to try somthing with. i was thinking of keeping the lip off but the car looks like it sits to high off the ground now. i like the low look.

emerican

Registered VIP
Sorry to hear about the family loss.
What do you mean something inside the stock headlights? are you talking like the black housed diy headlights.

Damo

5+ Year Member
Sorry to hear about the family loss.
What do you mean something inside the stock headlights? are you talking like the black housed diy headlights.
thanks and yes black housed lights i just wanna try somthing before i buy new ones.

emerican

Registered VIP
It isnt easier, but as far as i know all you have to do for diy black housed headlights is take them off put them in the oven not sure how long or at what heat so youd have to search for that. The oven will melt the glue and allow you to pull them apart take them out paint em reglue it put back in oven to reseal glue. Once again you will have to look up what to glue it back together with what heat and how long in the oven to reseal them.

Damo

5+ Year Member
i saw a DIY on how to do it on ej8 site im picking up another set of headlights to try on.

emerican

Registered VIP
Hell yeah i am looking for a cheap pair to do a little experimenting on myself defintly not going to do it to the pair on my car that i need. Especially since i spent all the time restoring those they look brand new only cost me 5 bucks worth of sandpaper and a bottle of scratch x.

Damo

5+ Year Member
small update for the people who care kind of thing i need somthing to do so why not. i put the lip back on i missed it lol. i did try a mugan like lip but it was for a 92-95 so it was to small lol. but i got another sticker made for me and im going to show the rims im going to put on after spring or intill i get new rims for the rx7.

reason why the lip of the rim is red because the rims where on my old eg and my eg was red so i wanted it to match.