99 EX Sedan build, the "Ghost"

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
finally got off my butt and got rid of the ghost stickers on my rearview, vanity mirror, and rear passenger window. Suprised it took me so long, but something always came up or seemed more important.
ALso, got the new rear door panel installed. No more ripped fabric. =)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, friends, I have a question. Every time I'm gettintg something out of the trunk, even the slightest breeze will cause my trunk lid to try and eat me. Damned thing hasn't hit me in the head yet, but that latch seems to love smacking me in the trapezious. Is there any way to adjust the rods, to keep the trunk lid up better?
The car doesn't have any kind of wing, so there's not any extra weight pulling it down.
I've searched some threads, but nada so far about adjustments. And, haven't bought a factory service manual yet, due to being broke.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, had an "oh s***" moment today.
trimming the grass near the driveway, and hear a loud CRACK. I look up, and see my front passenger window is spiderwebbed with cracks. Appears a small rock (smaller than a marble, but bigger than a corn kernel) was flung by the trimmer's line and smacked my window.
The closest salvage yard open on Sunday was 30 minutes away, and was going to close in an hour. Luckily, I made it on time, and found a window already tinted, just sitting on the door (already disconnected from the regulator)
below is the craked window (kinda hard to see, but it's shattered all to hell)

and here's the new window installed....

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, the cat's been throwing a CEL for the past few weeks. Ordered a new catalytic converter, and it finally arrived. Got a new O2 sensor as well

the NGK included a tube of anti-sieze. You hear that BOSCH? That's the way you're SUPPOSED to do it

O2 sensor installed. Now, to torque it down

No pics of the install, but it's on now. No more Check engine light

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You're taking care of this car like I would take care of mine...and that's pretty rare. Most people would leave the little stuff alone and not bother with it. Not us though, glad to see a responsible owner!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks, guys. Plan to have this for a long time, so gotta be sure to maintain what I can. It's gonna be SLOW going, but that's nothing new

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
small update. I "fixed" the hood release pull this past weekend. THe tab on the end of the cable was already broken off when I bought the car. So I'll have an easier time grasping the cable end, I cut back some of the plastic molded on the rod, then threaded the rod end. I then just screwed on a flange nut, so now I have something to pull on again, instead of trying to pull just the rod itself.

Also, while I was messing around inside, I replaced a burnt bulb in the instrument cluster, and removed/cleaned up the center console area. It was FILTHY under the pieces. WHen putting it back together, decided to swap on the shift knob from my 92 Civic (it's an Integra knob I pulled from a 94-2000 LS model a few years ago)
The knob's nothing special, but the shape seems more comfortable than the stock Civic piece

ghetto, I know. But, it'll work until I replace the whole cable

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When you can't afford parts, can always clean or spray paint something instead. SO, did some painting today of the wiper arms, and while I was at it also painted the heatshield
Here's the arms after being primed

And after painting

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and after cleaning up a bit. had started cleaning some before I remembered to take a pic

and, the heatshield installed. I might get some black allen head bolts for that heatshield tomorrow

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ATTENTION

I replaced the hood's prop rod holder (old one was broken off)

THAT IS ALL

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
replaced the driver side vibration mount today.
I plan on eventually replacing all the suspension bushings with poly units in the future.
Below is the old mount. Pretty busted up, and the car's only 14 years old.
also posting the passenger side replacement bushing. forgot to take a picture of the driver side's replacement before I installed it, but I'm sure you get the idea of what it looks like by now

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got around to getting new hardware for the heat shield. Here we are, fresh from Lowe's, about $2.50 worth of hardware. A little header paint on the washers, and we're done

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, here's a before and a couple after shots of the heatshield with the old and new hardware. Yeah, just a cosmetic change, but been itching to do something, and all I can afford right now (and the black shield with raw metal hardware was bothering me)

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I finally broke down and did the $0 upgrade. My 92's been out of commission for the past month or so, so I stole the wheels off of it and swapped them onto the Ghost. It looks better, but also draws MORE attention to the fact that I need to lower the car.

Attachments