99 EX Sedan build, the "Ghost"

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no pics, but got around to putting in the other vibration mount (on the transmission side, this time). THe stock one wasn't really that bad, had just a few cracks in the rubber. But, since already had a replacement, put it in anyway.
Also, changed the oil (can't believe time already, seems I just bought the car)

Caleb.N

makes me think of my white ballade I had, miss that car. I had the prelift shape. Amped to see the outcome of this thread.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks, fellas. Like most everyone else, budget won't allow any real progress until tax return time. Gonna be just a bunch of maintenance and cleanup till then. Appreciate your patience!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Inspired by another thread, I decided to go ahead and polish my headlights today. Of course, I neglected to take a "before" pic, and only have the after shots below. Not as bad as some I've seen, but they were pretty cloudy when I started.
Look a lot better now!

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
inspired by Child, I used Simple Green on my rear wheelwells, and then resprayed them with black undercoating.
Before and after (yeah, not the same wheelwell. Forgot to take pics of both before I started)

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also, stripped the paint off the heatshield, and painting again (scuffed the heck out of it while installing last time, so refinishing it and taking time to make sure I cure the paint this go around).
Also, picked up a spare valve cover, and painting it as well.
Now, just need to let the paint dry completely, then cure in the oven

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doin' maintainence today. Nothing fancy, just changed the trans fluid. That OEM Honda stuff's a little pricey, hope it's worth it.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up
A lot of my buddies were recommending Synchromesh instead of the OEM trans fluid. I've never used the stuff before, though, so I'm not entirely sure about that. I'm always keen to use OEM.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WOW. Has it really been close to a month since I initially sprayed that valve cover? Well, I finally cured it in the oven this past weekend (that crap STINKS as it de-gasses). Also decided to decorate the cover a little. Figured if I didn't like the way the letters came out, can always just sand them back to metal. Think they turned out ok, so think I'll keep them like this for a while. NOW, just need to finish gathering a few more parts (waterpump, and... well I guess that's it) and then I'm going to change my timing belt and possibly head gasket.
Car's started to rattle the muffler at certain RPMs, and getting a little spatter of soot from the tailpipe. Not sure if engine needing tuneup badly, or if the muffler's shot. Guess I'll do tuneup first, then see what happens.
anyway, here's some pics

Attachments

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a nice ass valve cover :thumbs up
thanks! I originally wanted to go wrinkle red (it's so original, I know :roll:) but couldn't find the paint locally. figured white car, white cover. The decoration on the lettering is a technique I've used a few times on some other art pieces, thought might as well try it here too

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, so it's been a while since I did anything, other than oil changes, and replacing a tire. Finally got started on some upgrades/replacements of worn parts. Started with some new bushings for shifter and trailing arms. Have had these for WEEKS. Something always came up, kept delaying the install.

Attachments