Civic type RR rebuild

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow all stripped down to metal. Thats how you paint a car :thumbs up. If your gonna do it then do it the right way. Goodluck and I can't wait to see more pics of the before and after.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wish I could get a decent paint job for $1400!! Its more like $3500-4K. goodluck dude

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn thas alot of work for a car, u must really wan that thing lol but i must give u props that red is crazy

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK...here is the breakdown.
1. Total repaint 42 000 baht 1400 USD
2. Carbon bonnet 19 000 baht 633 USD
3. Headers 6 900 baht 230 USD
4. Sports muffler 5 000 baht 167 USD
5. ECU 17 000 baht 567 USD
6. Sports filter 800 baht 27 USD

Thats it i think. Brakes, suspension etc were done before this latest pulldown
dude if i give a list of s**t i want u wanna hook me up, ill pay the S/H and give a bit extra aswell:D

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
i read in modified mag that if the RR was available here it would be about $44k his country taxes imports i believemore or less? idk about $100k...
his country has heavy taxes on them as import tax i believe

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wowzers! Thailand is Doing it! do they have roads over there?!?! Good Job! the last time I heard from over the area (cambodia since im cambodian) they rivet everything on their cars, mirrors headlights door handles. just so no one cant steal em. thats wat i heard a few months ago. good luck w the security and keeping it clean!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is pretty awesome. ill definatly check back for progross.

clong

5+ Year Member
Heh Knightrider, fortunately Thailand is a little bit more civilised and main stream than what you think. Just a lot cheaper than most places, apart from luxury cars etc :-) Will post some new photos soon. Have fun :-)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Will try and find a before photo. But basically the same as the Mugen Civic that came out in 2006 in black. Not original Mugen of course but a nice copy of the same car :-) Was at the car today and things are progressing. Honda here in my local town will be showing my car at the car show 23-27 of this month so lets hope they do a good job of the re-build. So not long before its done. The carbon fiber bonnet unfortunately isnt ready until after the show but heh, good things are worth waiting for. I will keep you all posted on the progress. hAVE FUN :-)
So it was just a base model civic.

clong

5+ Year Member
Well here in Thailand it is the top model. Called 2.0 EL AT AS which obviously means something for them. Basically Civic with all the toys. Automatic, Paddle shift manual option, leather interior etc etc. The only difference between this car and the MUGEN Civic was the body kit plus some easy mods such as brakes, suspension. These mods are done on my car so as it stands its spec is exactly the same as the MUGEN Civic from 2006. Check out this http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/index.html. So this car but in black.

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty cool that a civic has paddle shifting on it. i learned something new today.

clong

5+ Year Member
Here are some more pics....exhaust has been installed and body kit being painted as we speak.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn, that looks good! I can't wait to see the finished product! (I bet you can't either, hehe.)

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those taillights look so much better than the USDM ones