*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you guys get some nice ass xmas gifts.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a lens that has at least a 250mm zoom for a XSi? I need to get something since I just have the stock one.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a lens that has at least a 250mm zoom for a XSi? I need to get something since I just have the stock one.
Something that can zoom upwards of 250mm and doesn't suck complete ass is going to be about $700. Why do you need that much zoon over the 90mm Kit?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 55-250 IS is a great lens for the money. then there is the 70-300 IS which is awesome as well. then you get into the fast lens like the sigma, tamron, and canon 70-200 2.8s which range from $700-$1600 haha. the 55-250 IS will compliment the 18-55 perfectly.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Something that can zoom upwards of 250mm and doesn't suck complete ass is going to be about $700. Why do you need that much zoon over the 90mm Kit?
Its a 55mm kit, not 90 but I just want something that I can acutally shoot things from a distance.

the 55-250 IS is a great lens for the money. then there is the 70-300 IS which is awesome as well. then you get into the fast lens like the sigma, tamron, and canon 70-200 2.8s which range from $700-$1600 haha. the 55-250 IS will compliment the 18-55 perfectly.
The 55-250 was the one I have been looking at but I didn't know it there were any other good options out there. I don't want anything super expensive but I don't want cheap either

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My rent's yell at me for not being cheap..haha...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am by no means cheap. I don't by much but when I do get stuff it's typically close to top of the line. Well, at least technology wise.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what i mean is they are missing the a good part of the F/4 selection. 70-200f4 or the version with IS/VR. im not saying its bad and would suit my needs for now. I am thinking 70-200 2.8VR and 24-70 2.8 would be a great on either the d300 or 700 just be very expensive. I would get the 24-70 2.8 for sure but would love to get 70-200 F/4VR but its not offered from nikon. i havent really looked into nikon's macro stuff yet which i eventually want to get into.
Just get the normal 70-200 F/2.8.
Being limited to F/4 and trying to make up for it with image stabilization seems like backwards thinking.

PS> People need to stop saying Nifty Fifty.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get the normal 70-200 F/2.8.
Being limited to F/4 and trying to make up for it with image stabilization seems like backwards thinking.

PS> People need to stop saying Nifty Fifty.
no not trying to make up for that one stop with IS. just the lens is more in the budget and are great for sports and stuff. the 2.8 is better and yes its only $600 more or so, but i could use that towards lighting, another lens and so on. I am still in a battle with my self though on which camera brand i want to be with.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no not trying to make up for that one stop with IS. just the lens is more in the budget and are great for sports and stuff. the 2.8 is better and yes its only $600 more or so, but i could use that towards lighting, another lens and so on. I am still in a battle with my self though on which camera brand i want to be with.
No lens with image stabilization is great for sports. Image stablization helps with hand shake, you'll still have motion blur from not having enough light to keep shutter speeds up.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just ordered some late Chrismas goodies! :mrgreen:

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D
Hoya 52mm UV
Hoya 52mm Circular Polarizer
Nikon SLR Body Cap (my camera didn't come with one :()

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice eran! Yeah, I have two canon body caps and don't even need them! haha, funny how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.