Ghetto Sleeper Ride - The Symbol of My Family Struggle

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whats the point of sleepers? Unless people are perfectly content with the looks of their car, I dont see any reason in doing so.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
posted by Black Magic. a sleeper:

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That hatch is incredibly badass.

CivicSiGuy07

5+ Year Member
Def. understand the ghetto thing you got going on. Not a fan of the wheels, headlights, tail-lights, etc. Keep working on it tho has potential.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, I like the seat covers

I think it'll look better with stock tails and if you lower it. Si wheels would be a nice touch too.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rest In Peace
1999 Honda Civic EX 4 Door
what so sleeper? you have a sohc with a intake? im confused here
I see no whale penis intake. Just a ebay short ram with a little chode filter from AutoZone/Advance Auto. And why the need for a computer in a car? You play games on it at red lights? Or do you pull over to play your WoW game with your super wi-fi connection?
looks like you're still struggling..
Looks terrible
maybe he doesnt know what sleeper means? cause i know this car is slow as balls.
For future reference: This is a whale penis.

Do the airplane mod, push it off a bridge and see if it flies.
If it does sweet, if not you've done the world a favor getting rid of that eyesore.
section 4 paragraph 3 is the definition of a sleeper civic...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=civic
projectors and tailights...

GET TO STEPPIN'!
i just think youre a little confused on the definition of a sleeper. if it attracts any attention (positive or negative) from the kids in the phony pony at the stoplight next to you it's not a sleeper. the body needs to be stock

glad to hear your family is doing better now. having a car to mod as a hobby in honor of something/someone is great, just keep your priorities straight. good luck :thumbs up
Instead of thinking of nicknames for your car, think of what you can do to make it look decent and not Horriffic.. please. & like everyone said, Headlights & tailights, get them back bro. and start wrking on it man, look on previous mods and see what ppl have done to their sedans...but please dnt copy haha
g.l man
wow.. lol. this thread is nuts. :sleep:
Whats the point of sleepers? Unless people are perfectly content with the looks of their car, I dont see any reason in doing so.
posted by Black Magic. a sleeper:

damn.. craziness!

to sleep. if you wake one up, it will destroy you.

haha, jk. ino.
Def. understand the ghetto thing you got going on. Not a fan of the wheels, headlights, tail-lights, etc. Keep working on it tho has potential.
I just quoted a ef load of quotes that made me chuckle lol

and that k24 <--[Fix'd] swapped civic is HOLY f**kKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

And A point of a sleeper is so when someone pulls up next to you on the strip and they get a complete Anal buttraping by a car that they thought was a stock civic, They sit there and think WTF just happened

Id say Ghetto Rice - The Symbol of My Bad Taste should be title :D

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
The thread is pretty funny. I don't mind the comedy. I do wish I could change the thread name though. Question. Whats wrong with the stock tails and lights? I think it adds character to the vehicle. Are they really that ugly? What I am really going for is a little luxury, sporty all while keeping the car from saying "STEAL ME!!". Next Mod Hopefully will be a Turbo and some tint. Has anyone ever seen the Canadian ACURA 1.6EL? Thats kinda what I am going for.

Last edited:

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's not ghetto, just nothing nice. What would you have called it if it were nice? Suburban?

Also, it's not a sleeper, just slow

The thread is pretty funny. I don't mind the comedy. I do wish I could change the thread name though. Question. Whats wrong with the stock tails and lights? I think it adds character to the vehicle. Are they really that ugly? What I am really going for is a little luxury, sporty all while keeping the car from saying "STEAL ME!!". Next Mod Hopefully will be a Turbo and some tint. Has anyone ever seen the Canadian ACURA 1.6EL? Thats kinda what I am going for.
you kinda went the other way with the exterior mods. It can be turned around though.

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
well I would get rid of sleeper from the name. Just call it "My Ghetto Ride" I guess when it gets turboed it will just have a little more balls. I know 4 doors are slow and so is the D16 but I am not looking to race her right now or ever. Personal gratification is key here. If you turbo a D16Y8 you really can say it is really slow. Maybe not as fast as all these underweight hatches but doing that to my car would make it totally impractical. As far as what to call it if It were "nice" I am not sure, that's kinda why I posted here. The name "Ghetto Luxurious" Comes to mind. I keep the word "Ghetto" because of the mods and cheapness of the car. If anyone can think of anything funny and cool please post it. :word:

it's not ghetto, just nothing nice. What would you have called it if it were nice? Suburban?

Also, it's not a sleeper, just slow

you kinda went the other way with the exterior mods. It can be turned around though.

Last edited: