Milano red EJ1 w/ b16a2 swap, auto to manual conversion, plus extras!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lol, my friend is selling his right now as well...

Im warning you now...It Is Super SLOW!!! It doesnt have the "Granny Gear" for nothing, lol

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
The factory set up is ridiculous yes. My plan was though to do a built D16z6 with boost since the motor will bolt right up (Though i'm considering trying something crazy since I have nothing but time and a relatively large car fund now). I ended up passing on this 86 (because it won't bolt to anything as it turns out) in favor of picking up an 88-92 4th gen version. Turns out there are several to choose from in Anchorage (8 hours away) so i'll hold off, but keep my eye out for the best one while i get my civic swap done. I think i'm actually going to finish this one, sell it, then go get the AWD civic and buy up a whole slew of goodies with the profits. AWD is all but a must have up here.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's a girl driving a civic wagon around my area, she promised me dibs when she finally sells it =)

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The factory set up is ridiculous yes. My plan was though to do a built D16z6 with boost since the motor will bolt right up (Though i'm considering trying something crazy since I have nothing but time and a relatively large car fund now). I ended up passing on this 86 (because it won't bolt to anything as it turns out) in favor of picking up an 88-92 4th gen version. Turns out there are several to choose from in Anchorage (8 hours away) so i'll hold off, but keep my eye out for the best one while i get my civic swap done. I think i'm actually going to finish this one, sell it, then go get the AWD civic and buy up a whole slew of goodies with the profits. AWD is all but a must have up here.
As cool and as fun as those things are, they're kinda cheap for a reason. It was Honda dabbling in AWD when they really didn't put a lot of R&D in it. They got smoked by companies like Subaru and even Mitsubishi, and gave up on it (for the most part. I think they tried to bring it back with the Ridgeline.. that didn't work out well, either lol). You'd have to do a lot of work to the driveshaft in order to make it trackable (if that's what you want). If you're just looking for AWD, get a Subbie! I love those cars.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
As cool and as fun as those things are, they're kinda cheap for a reason. It was Honda dabbling in AWD when they really didn't put a lot of R&D in it. They got smoked by companies like Subaru and even Mitsubishi, and gave up on it (for the most part. I think they tried to bring it back with the Ridgeline.. that didn't work out well, either lol). You'd have to do a lot of work to the driveshaft in order to make it trackable (if that's what you want). If you're just looking for AWD, get a Subbie! I love those cars.
Have you checked the market price on these?? I don't know what your version of cheap is but the only reasonable priced ones i've found are coming from people that don't understand how rare these are. I'm not looking to track (no track in the whole state), but I am looking at getting around 300hp and will be building the car to do so. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but Honda never built this to compete in the rally circuits so your comment about giving up after getting smoked by Mit/Sub puzzles me. It was built as a work horse low cost and efficient delivery vehicle of sorts. Now my history may be wrong and I apologize if it is, but unless it was getting smoked by the mitsu/Sub delivery minivans, I think Honda did pretty well making this little gem :thumbs up

But really, the whole point of the car from a tuner/Honda fan perspective is the theory behind it. It's not about putting down huge numbers or giving a beat down to every car you find. I've been there, done that. No matter what you drive, how much money you make, or what's under the hood, there is ALWAYS someone faster. Once you realize that, you'll look at cars/builds from a different perspective. If you look at it for what it is, A FREAKING AWD CIVIC FOR PETE SAKES, then you'll appreciate the work that will be accomplished. Take a look at a recent post from a new member here in the new member section from the NW. He posted pics of his car and links to other cars similar to it. At $5000 plus for a decent shape 92, I'd say that's not "cheap" when considering you could spend that same money on something much faster and trackable. Do I care? Nope!

BTW, my version of cheap is vehicle and condition specific. How much money I make isn't the factor. A $200 92 Civic is cheap. A $50,000 Lamborghini is cheap.... A $5000 92 Civic is not. Now "worth".... That's a different story.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Now tell me you don't wish you owned one. LOL

Not lovin' the hood, but the rest is dope.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Welp, back on topic again. Decided to get proactive on my ECU today. Doing a P06 to P30 conversion so while I wait for all my chips to arrive, I figured i'd at least do the Auto to Manual conversion while I wait. Took all of 2 minutes.

Before: RP17 and RP18 in.

After: RP17 and RP18 out. Jumper wire @ 18.

And while I was in there, noticed my Q31 was burnt up. How nice. It's just the evap purge solenoid so it's not a big deal. For me at least. If I lived in a state with emissions, that'd be another story.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Alright, i'm ready to put this build to bed so I can get started on my next two projects. Now I just need to get me a 96-01 Integra GS-R harness to have a PNP set up. Anyone know of a company making this harness? I've been searching for a while (off and on) with out much luck.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Do you have a facebook?
Yes and no. I use my wife's now to talk with family. I used to have one, maxed out my friends limit, then got tired with it and never signed back in. That was almost 2 years ago. Why? What's up?

K00PA

Registered VIP
Yes and no. I use my wife's now to talk with family. I used to have one, maxed out my friends limit, then got tired with it and never signed back in. That was almost 2 years ago. Why? What's up?
I was gonna tell you to go find Xaiver "Wire Worx" Ortiz and message and let him know what all you want to do for and about your harness ;) He's The Best In The Game Right Now!!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I was gonna tell you to go find Xaiver "Wire Worx" Ortiz and message and let him know what all you want to do for and about your harness ;) He's The Best In The Game Right Now!!
Is he only on facebook? Thanks man! "Best in the game" sounds good to me :thumbs up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have heard good things about wire worx

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I just sent them an email telling them what I needed as I couldn't find the specific info I was looking for. Hopefully they'll respond soon. I'll be needing that and two more harnesses shortly after for my next two projects.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Naw, I think he has a site now been a while since ive talk'd to him but his work is really legit tho...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So I found a guy selling a turbo kit for a B series @ $750. It's a no name Ebay brand... What do you guys think? It's all brand new stuff. I'll post up a few pics. I don't intend to keep this car once I put it back together which will hopefully be in the next two weeks roughly. I was just thinking it will probably up my resell value some or at least sell faster once it hits Craigs.

... Getting pics up in a sec...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP

And then the reason I don't get much time on this car. Too many other projects. My little boy and I getting another Camry fixed for resell. He loves helping out... well... Loosing my tools I should say. He should be a certified tech by age 4 and running his own shop at 6 :thumbs up

K00PA

Registered VIP
I'd say go for it if you're gonna sell it, but as far as owning a car with a ebay brand turbo kit...ehh?!?!?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I'd say go for it if you're gonna sell it, but as far as owning a car with a ebay brand turbo kit...ehh?!?!?
Ha! That's exactly what I said to the guy selling it! LOL.. Told him i'd get back with him Friday if I decide to take it and he still has it. I won't lose any sleep if he sells it. Just an idea to toy with.