My Craigslist Gem. EBP EM1

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn man u stay coming up on deals.. build a k series hatch, it would be sick
Amen to that. I'm planning on either reselling it after I swap a y7 or y8 in, or making it my all out track car.

AllStockHatch said:
Nice pick up on the hatch! You did get a great deal on it.What you planning on doing to it? Great Augusta shots of the EM1.
Not sure what I plan on doing to her yet. As above, probably going to swap a y7 or y8 into it and atleast run it for a while. I might keep it, not sure. hahah Ya right, that snow plow weighs more then the car does. The lights are higher then the roof.

FreeOfThoughts said:
Tragedy to that good car, at least it is with someone who will appreciate it. you did a good job with it, looks classic.
Thanks alot man. Looks legendary in person. f**king love it.

UCCRacing said:
I f**king hate you! WHY can't I get s**t like this?!?! I need PLANS though...whats the plans? lol
Man you just gotta have money when other people are in desperate need of it. I got my blue si and this red hatch from 2 guys who both blew them up and needed cash like the next day. Plans comming soon, promise!

red98civ said:
yeah man the si came out great. what are you going to do with the hatch!?
^ up there! =)

xcw619 said:
sick car bro, lol you find all these sweet ass deals
I know, I do have pretty retarded good luck!

I've always wanted a Champ White USDM CTR Replica with a k20 swap, chasebays harness with ITB's... But I'd want my red civic turbo'd before I did that. That'd be 3 swapped, built civics, so I'm not entirely sure what to do.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man I really like the hatch! It's clean! I like your Idea of the White CTR.... DO IT! lol...

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya dude, I'm just thinking something mad clean. Not sure what I want to do for the swap right now, probably just the same thing it has. Was really contemplating making it my all out track car.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya dude, I'm just thinking something mad clean. Not sure what I want to do for the swap right now, probably just the same thing it has. Was really contemplating making it my all out track car.
Well I think that is a good idea, but I also think what about a different swap than you've done like a K that was discussed? Or a Turbo D? Just something different?

And maybe doing a front bumper like that to change it up? I dunno just a few ideas... :P:P

civikid97

D-series
5+ Year Member
You're build makes me REALLY want an si! Very clean. You can really tell alot of love went into this car lol. As for the hatch if I were you I would do a Y8 swap. It has a bit more power than the Y7 and if you sell it with a Y8 in it you could def sell it for more than if it had a Y7. Or if you make it a track car, the Y8 would still be better than the Y7. I have a Y7 right now and I'm looking to do a mini-me swap here in the spring.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was actually thinking a h22 w/ lsd. A lot cheaper and hella fast stock. The thing is, with the d series, its mad slow but uber reliable. I had a turbo y8 and I threw a rod through the block on 8psi. I want something fast, and reliable. Also something that isn't going to cost me my left nut (k series). Keep in mind I have 2 si's and this hatch. No one up in maine has d**k for hondas, and if they do they are hella riced and not swapped. I like having s**t no one else has, h22 ek would be wicked rare up here. But again I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, deff. Not getting her painted because now that I painted the blue si I don't wanna drive it because I'm afraid of f**king the paint up!

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say just paint match it all red and add a little touch to it! And then I like the H Swap Idea... Thing would be sick!

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clutch needs to be replaced in the blue Si. Just ordered a Exedy Stage 1 organic clutch. I'm bumming around in my f**king truck again. I don't really mind it because I'm carting my sled around in the back and they both are black, just the gas is retarded expensive.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clutch needs to be replaced in the blue Si. Just ordered a Exedy Stage 1 organic clutch. I'm bumming around in my ******truck again. I don't really mind it because I'm carting my sled around in the back and they both are black, just the gas is retarded expensive.
Hey man if you keep the Y7 in that Hatch hit me up I have a Stage 1 clutch from my old Y7 ill sell ya cheap! It was in the car for about 1500 miles IF that....

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey man I got a question for you, you have good taste in these cars.... I got a 99 VIS Hood for my 98 well now its time to do a 99-00 conversion.... What do you think of that white car's white bumper? Vs a stock one with a lip and fogs? I am leaning to the white one because of the cleanness of it and I do like Body kits to an extent... I like that one because its not a BODY KIT its just a nice bumper lol... If that makes sense

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man I got a question for you, you have good taste in these cars.... I got a 99 VIS Hood for my 98 well now its time to do a 99-00 conversion.... What do you think of that white car's white bumper? Vs a stock one with a lip and fogs? I am leaning to the white one because of the cleanness of it and I do like Body kits to an extent... I like that one because its not a BODY KIT its just a nice bumper lol... If that makes sense
You mean the Back Yard Special front bumper? I dont look at it as a body kit but personally, I dont really like it because of the big vents in the grill. Mesh in the vents make it look kinda ricey. If you know what I mean?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1110/bys01vv4.jpg

I just dont like how you can see thru it.

Its all up to you mang. Depends what you want. Either way, they both look hella clean.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BYS bumbers are gonna run you close to 1000 after paint matched to your car..NOT WORTH IT

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You mean the Back Yard Special front bumper? I dont look at it as a body kit but personally, I dont really like it because of the big vents in the grill. Mesh in the vents make it look kinda ricey. If you know what I mean?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1110/bys01vv4.jpg

I just dont like how you can see thru it.

Its all up to you mang. Depends what you want. Either way, they both look hella clean.
This is my set up now... Actually I have the Urethane Version in the garage and a stock front with a Ebay lip.. I am not happy with either at all.. I used to LOVE my front but then that phase went away! lol

But I know you have seen the one on 2slo4u... His is sick but he's going to a Cwest now... But he has a big ass FMIC to cover the hole, which is what I am doing... So that should solve that problem and offer lots of air! I don't know if I like the CF bottom or not....

BYS bumbers are gonna run you close to 1000 after paint matched to your car..NOT WORTH IT
There is a guy on here selling them for 375.00 shipped and its good quality.. its not the original but I am okay with that....Its the Duraflex kind also...

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya mang, just do your own thing. If you want mad clean, make it that way. Honestly theres always haters with anything you do. I've learned to just say f**k em and do your own thing. Be a leader not a follower! I take pride in how my cars look, because I care about it, more then I care about how fast they'll go.

Everyone goes through that body kit stage. Honestly, my red civic had a full body kit, vented hood, and lambo doors. I had it like that for about a year and I realized how hella gay it was, so I did a 99-00 front end conv. then shaved the bay and made it uber clean.

During the resto process. - tucked bay, 99-00 ctr retrofitted headlights.

Gram Light wheels, jdm sidemarkers.

AEM Big Brakes

Gold ASR, Gold Blox LCA's, Limited Edition Benen Tow Hook, Apexi N1

Before :

Like I said, we all grow out of it.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ha ha yep and I am growing out of it FAST! So you just move on and learn! ha ha... Thanks for the pics man, your car looked pretty good for being kited out... Just isn't the style anymore...