My Mugen eg9 inspired sedan...

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Name of said "really high strength degreaser" =) i need some!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Name of said "really high strength degreaser" =) i need some!
It's named B52. It's brown and vile looking. But just spraying it down and blasting it off works pretty good. Then I just got a rag and washed it by hand with dish washing soap.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bay looks awesome! Good work. Are you planning to tuck it or leave it OEM?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM. Tucked bays on daily driven cars is freaking retarded.
Agreed. :thumbs up

I'm not at all a fan of the whole tucked/shaved movement, but a bay can still look clean without every single hole welded shut and tons of filler used.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love shaved bays but i agree for a dd it isnt that practical.

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been following this insanely quick build-up, and wanted to say "bravo". I love the choices you've been making in parts and styling. Clean and tasteful is a great way to go (and unfortunately the road less traveled when I see other Civics in my area).
Keep up the good work!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And power and top speed was NEVER the goal. Something I want to drive every day. Something that's not obnoxiously loud, good fuel economy, quick, and good looking as far as a civic is concerned.
I don't recall you saying how you're going to handle the exhaust. Obviously with the GSR, you're not using the stock Civic piping. Are you going full aftermarket, combo of OEM Integra/aftermarket, etc? Also, are you sticking with the stock intake manifold, or swapping to Type R style, etc? Just don't see many people bother with the GSR manifolds very often

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't recall you saying how you're going to handle the exhaust. Obviously with the GSR, you're not using the stock Civic piping. Are you going full aftermarket, combo of OEM Integra/aftermarket, etc? Also, are you sticking with the stock intake manifold, or swapping to Type R style, etc? Just don't see many people bother with the GSR manifolds very often
Apexi WS2 exhaust, skunk2 pro series intake manifold. And I'm probably about to be getting a turbo kit for this thing,

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good choice on the exhaust. I'd already purchased a Greddy SP for mine by the time I found out about the Apexi WS. Don't get me wrong, the Greddy is great, but the exhaust tip is little larger than I'd like. Was looking for the quietest full stainless catback system. Kinda wish I'd found the WS first

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I found my Acura order today. It's apparently been on my front porch since the 4th. I was wondering where it was until I checked the tracking order and it said it was here. I was like "Oh really?". So it was like looking for an easter egg. So I found it and opened it to find my Acura goodies.
Acura gsr rebuild parts that weren't the same as the honda counterparts.

Oem 81mm piston rings. Truth be told I didn't order these. I've had them sitting around for about a year lol.

And my guilty purchase from Acura, a new ITR valve cover.

I have to order more stuff soon. Also I'm gonna be working on my lip and side skirts so maybe I'll get some pics up.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love it! What turbo kit you lookin at? Full race?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Love it! What turbo kit you lookin at? Full race?

Hell naw lol. That's mad money and way too much power to just putt around with. I'm getting a new Greddy kit for $700 if all goes well. I'm only looking for about 240 wheel.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds good! :thumbs up

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I got something else for my car yesterday. I had to pull them off a wrecked integra gsr and put civic hubs back on so it took twice as long as just pulling them off. I got a good deal on them though. I think I'm gonna have a few dollars in them since I'm gonna put new trailing arm bushings in them and new wheel bearings all around as well as lower ball joints.