New Interior Begins!!!

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Today I took my car to my friends house to begin changing the ENTIRE interior of my car. My friend does custom car interiors and she does excellent work. We started off by removing everything except the dash. I dedided to use black simulated leather on the 2 front seats, rear seats, headliner, arm rests, and sunvisors. I am also dying ALL the plastic pieces including the dash, door panels, rear quarter panels and rear package tray black. Everything will be sewed in red stitching and everything will be black instead of grey. My black molded carpet was also supposed to arrive today so maybe that will be going in tomorrow. I ll keep the pics coming as we go along.

Also, here is a pic of my car to get some ideas. Later on, im changing the side marker lights to OEM amber ones and also changing the head lights to CTR's as well as getting gold with polished lip 16" Rota JSPL wheels.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats pretty sick man...car looks clean! I'd love to take out my interior someday just to clean up the wires n whatn0t.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks, i think it will be worth it when its finished. Good luck if you ever do it

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good man, was it crazy cluttered before?

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i really want to paint my exterior black, but i'm too lazy. it seems like a pain in the ass to remove the whole dash.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Day 2 was great. She got the carpet in and some plastic pieces dyed. She dyed the dash, steering wheel, console, rear quarter panels, rear package tray, door sills and some misc. pieces like the rearview mirror and the handles. It looks awesome and cant wait to start driving it again.

Also, here is a pic of my stock front seat...I get another pic of the finished seat to compare the two later.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks so much better now. What kind of dye is she using? Im going thru the same process, but Im using paint. Cleaning everything off really good, using adhesion promoter, then painting with vynal/fabric paint.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
Looks so much better now. What kind of dye is she using? Im going thru the same process, but Im using paint. Cleaning everything off really good, using adhesion promoter, then painting with vynal/fabric paint.

She is using SEM paint. I forgot the actual code but its semi gloss black

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I might have to copy you, I've been buying K interior pieces for a while now but I think I might just do this. where did you get what you are using, could you post a link and/or pics of the products you are using.

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks sweet! How the hell did she spray the dash and everthing with it still installed?

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow man.... thats awesome. I definitly want to do that to my light grey interior. How much does she charge to do a whole car, if you were a regular customer, not her friend? i just wanna get a feel how muhc it would cost.

Looks stock, not like some other painting i have seen and it completes the car. :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally think the headliner will look horrible. Kind of like the 5G vinyl headliners. Blech... at least theyr'e easy to clean.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cgpEJ6 said:
I might have to copy you, I've been buying K interior pieces for a while now but I think I might just do this. where did you get what you are using, could you post a link and/or pics of the products you are using.

You can just get the dye from NAPA. I dont know where she gets the carpet from or the materials (cloth, leathers, and so on) but I know she gets the dye from NAPA. The dye is made by SEM and I believe that the can is white and purple. It is Satin Black #15243

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
blueline said:
Looks sweet! How the hell did she spray the dash and everthing with it still installed?

She taped everything up very well and made sure to not get any overspray on any other parts of the car. I thought we would have to remove the dash, but I came over there today and she had already sprayed it in the car.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BrakeLights said:
wow man.... thats awesome. I definitly want to do that to my light grey interior. How much does she charge to do a whole car, if you were a regular customer, not her friend? i just wanna get a feel how muhc it would cost.

Looks stock, not like some other painting i have seen and it completes the car. :thumbs up

Since we are friends, she is cutting me a deal. But she told me today that for anybody else it would cost $1250.

ryanM

what are you using to dye your panels? im doing this to the 240 one of these days but dont know what to use.