not feeling the boost

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
its not tuned yet. a few months back i tried boosting my automatic civic and felt more power.

t3/t4 turbo
phearable ecu chipped for my specs.
440cc injectors
255 pump
NGK spark plugs
6 lb spring in the WG

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
its hooked up to a vaccum line on the intake mani.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should really think about getting a battery tie down. you should also reroute your oil supply line. gaurentee youre boiling your oil before it gets to the turbo.

RKSskier

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good chance it has to do with your ecu. I say this becuase I have started to get something similar to this. if you can hear your turbo start to spool, and if you floor it and it will go to 0, then I would be willing to bet its the ecu. Common, I mean small vac leaks aren't going to stop it exactly at 0 psi. Mine I believeis from hitting boost cut, as I will get up to boost, then after a bit of boost it say no more, and cuts out and next time I giver some gas all of a sudden will go to 0 boost/vac and won't improve over that untill I turn the car off and then back on.

If you know someone with a chipped ecu or that can burn you a chip I would reccomend trying that, becuase it really sounds like the ecu is limiting your boost.

If at worst you can't find anyone to help you out, I can burn a chip for you and send it to you for the cost of the chip. Best of luck

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought you only need that if your using a boost controller, or to get the wastegate to open up. if the wastegate isnt opening shouldn't i still be seeing boost
either way, it needs to be hooked up. to the side. not the top

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take your wastegate off, take it apart and post some close up shots of it apart.

AjPetrarca23

5+ Year Member
what are you thinkin could be wrong w/ it. its not letting air get out i know that cuz i blocked it off and its doing the same thing

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are you sure that the turbo is able to spin freely....

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check your couplers. I was having a problem with not getting enough boost and it turned out I had a small slice in one of my couplers.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are you thinkin could be wrong w/ it. its not letting air get out i know that cuz i blocked it off and its doing the same thing
how did you do this? your turbo will not correctly build pressure unless the engine is under some sort of load.