Picked up an EG for a future K-Series Swap

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sparco seating..... /sigh

Pulling teeth with a slice of bread would be easier.

I have 3 components for my Evo2.

Base, Flat bracket
2 sliders
2 side mount brackets

Since my seat is a side mount seat, I have the 2 additional brackets.

So, I start to mount the bracket MADE for my car and guess what, doesn't line up EVEN CLOSE. I'm told that there is a one piece (mine is 3) that would fit, and that this one must have modeled after the European or JDM EG Civic. f**k.

I'm forced to drill NEW holes in their flat bracket to get that mounted. I do that and it's all snug.

Now I have to mount the sliders and side brackets. You'd think that they'd bolt togehter and then I'd just drop the seat in between them...NOPE. The seat is WIDER than the brackets at their FARTHEST setting.

I have to remove the sliders and drill 4 MORE holes in this bracket so that the seat can fit in between the side brackets. I haven't done this s**t yet. There's an included "bar" that allows the slider to work, if I widen the sliders, it's not going to reach them both or will be SEVERELY stretched.

This is great stuff....

Steve

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
geese, i've never heard of such a complication....or so many components to mount a seat....goodluck makin that work

do you have any pics of this "sidemount" i've never heard of a sidemount seat

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
h23vtecturbohatch said:
geese, i've never heard of such a complication....or so many components to mount a seat....goodluck makin that work

do you have any pics of this "sidemount" i've never heard of a sidemount seat

See the sliders UNDER the side bracket and then the wood under the sliders? The wood is where the flat bracket would be in my car.

Steve

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh ok i get it.....whats the advantage of that as opposed to a reular mounting seat?or why did you chose this style

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is just how a lot of their "competition seats' are set up. I guess they're stronger or something.

Here are the actual pics from my car:

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it also looks like that bracket provides multiple mounting points for seat adjustment. and for a competition application, driver positioning is important

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's why I was considering ditching the sliders and "solid" mounting it. However, I'm almost SURE to have another driver and he's about 6" shorter than me. He'll need blocks on his feet to drive. ;)

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm about a week away from finishing the "EP to stock" transformation. Once that's done ALL of my time will be back on the EG.

What will be done next:

Removal of the Exhaust
Removal of remaining hoses
Dropping the motor
Adjusting the seat bracket
Modifying the spindles for the new brake kit
Installation of the brakes and suspension (needs to be ordered)

Argh...lots of work ahead.

BTW - I'm sending a deposit out now to secure the motor. (I know a guy that's searching the auctions for one for me.)

I hope to have it by the end of the month.

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, EP is basically running (just a CEL to have checked) and then I'm back on the EG. Damn, that killed me. I need to finish gutting it and get the cage installed then off to paint.

Hopefully in a few weeks.

Steve

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant wait tillll you drop the motor in.boutto do this myself.goign to see this deal this guys offering me the long block so ill see how that goes thumbs up to your k20 eg!!

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah bro, any new pics, updates?

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updateswe want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates we want updates 8)

xcubanricanpapi

5+ Year Member
nice car to swap a NICE engine with, that was my dream....anyways, im happy with my b18b1 93 civic hb, hope ur project goes well and swiftly.....

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Doing some weight reduction this weekend. Cut off wheel, gloves, and goggles all day on Sunday. =)

Steve

k-series

K-Series.com Owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FedEx stopped by today...order from Hybrid-Racing.com.

Great looking stuff!

Steve