Roma red ek hatch build

Roelekhatch

hi my name is roel, I just joined clubcivic earlier today and I've decided to just post build I'm going through right now.

When I got the car it was slammed on ebay s***s and had a 200 front end which was horrible because nothing lined up.

So one day i let my gf drive my car to work and she rear ends some suv. ( worst decision ever made lol)
I was like... f*** it I'mma swap that D-series motor to something bigger, better, and faster. I kept thinking on going to K or B.(this is my first swap) I did a lot of research and K seems to be alot more expensive then B if you're doing it the right way. I ended up deciding going to B series. I kept thinking which B??? I made the decision on the best b-series motor ever made by honda which is a B18c-r. There isn't any locals that sell any legit b18c-rs around my area so I set a goal of getting one from Hmotors. So let me start this....

My car has been sitting in the garage for a few months now and this is how she sits:
[/IMG]

I thought might aswell clean the s*** out the interior since it's gonna be sitting for a while. Here's the only pic i got which was only half gutted:

I ordered my Motor from Hmotors in Feb 17 and shipping took forever. I ordered a few things while I was waiting and ordered Mounts, suspension, waterpump supplies, and other s***s and gigles:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Be back later today to post the rest.
Have a good day!

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice in for some more progress good start....another red hatch lets get it...!!!!!!

Roelekhatch

I've got the motor last week. It was awesomely wrapped and very very clean.
[/IMG]

Now I'm on getting this harmonic balancer bolt off -.-

Roelekhatch

For the past couple of days I've been trying to get the pulley crank bolt out by myself which was insanely impossible with no air tools and asked my friend to help. Gave it a good push to the breaker bar and finally came loose. Removed the old tensioner and put in the new one. Here's a pic:
[/IMG]

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good choice on the hmotors purchase. Shipping takes soo long because of the liftgate service they automatically give you. It's more of a wait because of the delivery service in your area that is fulfilling the request

Roelekhatch

Good choice on the hmotors purchase. Shipping takes soo long because of the liftgate service they automatically give you. It's more of a wait because of the delivery service in your area that is fulfilling the request
I see. Hmotors is the only company I only heard good things about.
Nice progress.
Thanks man! Hopefully I can get this motor in this weekend.

Roelekhatch

Later that night I got the new timing belt and waterpump on.
Sorry about the shitty picture. Edited it so its a little bit clearer
[/IMG]

Roelekhatch

Had A hour to mess around with the hatch today so put the rear coilovers on. I know it's dirty it'll get cleaned later tonight =)
[/IMG]

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck man.

Damn there are quite a few good red hatch builds going on right now...

Roelekhatch

I've found some local sales going on earlier today and bought.......

NRG Shorthub for extremely cheap
[/IMG]

And my gf talked me into getting a bigger tv in our living room so we went from a 32 inch Samsung to a 52 inch Samsung.
[/IMG]

Pretty happy with the quality of the tv and made our living room more entertaining I guess lol