Roma red ek hatch build

Roelekhatch

Free stuff is good
Right on!!!

I took the ek out of the garage today to see how the idle is when it's warmed up. It was around 1.25k I'm pretty sure it's the tps because it was loose when I got the motor. I noticed that my fan wasn't kicking on ill have to go check that out probably tomorrow. Motor sounds really good and hopefully Ivan get rid of all the CELs I have.

Roelekhatch

They guys, sorry I haven't posted anything. I've been trying to figure out why my alternator is not charging my battery. Ie tried three different alternators that got tested and they all were tested good. Here's the things I've checked:

1. I've check the alt and vss fuse under the dash which is fuse 15
2. I've check the white wiring going into the under the hood and it had no resistant which means its good I'm guessing.
3. The alternator is getting the battery voltage. Which is 12.4-12.6 when te car is off.
4. When te car is on voltage goes 12.2 and gets lower and lower.
5. I also checked the ELD and it was fine.

It's been such a long week trying to figure this thing out. I'm open on trying to get this fixed if any clubcivic member could help would be very appreciated. Thanks

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This may sound dumb, but check your battery cables. I used to have an issue where my battery would drain an I would have difficulty starting. I too though it was the alternator, but the battery cables just needed tightened.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm with reed. Same thing with my friends altima. His terminals wouldn't connect to the battery properly. Also this may sound dumb, but check your starter connections. A bad connection there drained my friends battery every time he started the car., so it it took more than 2 cranks to start, the starter would always drain the battery too much for it to start.

Roelekhatch

This may sound dumb, but check your battery cables. I used to have an issue where my battery would drain an I would have difficulty starting. I too though it was the alternator, but the battery cables just needed tightened.
I appreciate the thought, but my car starts and I did sand all my grounds and made sure m the cables are tight and clean. I'm pretty much stuck lol

Roelekhatch

Hey clubcivic mems, I know it's been a while and I found out my alternator problem and it was really simple.... It was the 14 pin junction plug that didnot have the cap at the end..and with the cap on all my CELs when poof!. On the the other hand I picked up 4 brand new 195-50-15 kumhos from a local for 200 which is ok I believe. I got them put on my CCW reps and sticks out way to far =(. I shall roll my fenders tomorrow. Here's an pic of the wheels:
[/IMG]ill be ordering skunk2 camber kit within 2 weeks pretty stoked!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know why everyone thinks that fits. Don't be lazy on the roll. :thumbs up

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Trade those wheels like you originally intended to do for a functional set :what:

Roelekhatch

Trade those wheels like you originally intended to do for a functional set :what:
I posted them a trading page and all I'm getting is oem wheels with s**t tires + they add around 150 cash. I swear the people around me are super broke or something =[ maybe I could try to trade this dude for a pair of itr Recaros.. I don't mind riding around with steelies for a little bit. I'll let u know if let's them go.

Roelekhatch

Soo the dude with the Recaros said cash only... I've been dealing with a lot of problems about my gf's surgery she had two weeks ago.. Her insurance was suppose to pay 80% of it and only paid $100/$1900. Now I have to go into my savings and pay this fine. I swear insurance companies are s**t if you asked me...

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would be interested in a trade but shipping would suck......

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap