apekd's slow build...56k....your safe....this time....>:|

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im on there a lot on my friends name. But im not wanting to ship anything. But im throwing the AWD plan away, not wanting to deal with the money. I found the list of parts and it was over 3k in parts alone. So im just looking for the B16 tranny conversion now....hey green, would a d16a9 still make power SIMILAR to that of a zc? cause there are a9 motors here, a lot of them

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
still the D2B tranny conversion has not been created yet, and those kinda things are pricey aswell.

is that the D16a9 from a 86-89 integra?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
d16a8 and a9 is practically the same as the dohc zc.......and trust me you'll regret getting a sohc compared to a dohc ......my dohc zc smoked my friends d16a6 with the same mods.....

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HEY IM BACK! ill put the few pics i got up later. Yes i am now looking into a d16a9 from the 1st gen integra. i learned from a small shop[ (Street Tunez, a local small shop on the way to long beach) that the D16A9 motor is very similar but also a little bit diffferent. So right now i am looking for that motor, and also looking for more paint, as the salt breezes kinda chipped some away. i got some good shots while i was there. post up later. gotta go cleanout the car, and then wash it all off

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 1g integra motors DO NOT BOLT DIRECTLY IN. and are not the same as ZCs.

the D16a8/9 is the euro version of the DOHC ZC.

D16a1 is from the 1st gen integra be carfull when buying

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the A9's are the motors that are here. I found one on CL when i was looking a few mins ago, the engine code is an A9. I know they dont bolt in, and thats find, it gives me time to source out parts, and then get some swap mounts too. and besides, im more in a hurry to blow my current motor after i get the DOHC ready to swap.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no no, there are no swap mounts for 1st gen teg motors into 4th gen civics, have to make a custom one.

just buy a DOHC ZC and be set, save the money, $800 is not hard to save for a 18 year old.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i mgith get an a1, its 100 bucks, and includes the wiring harness too. Just gunna reabuild it if i get it, then fab up mounts. Im not into spending big money for a ZC since i have 1.9 years left of school, and i also have to pay for my co-op at Ford anyways. so if i go the cheap route i found a guy doing the same swap into his 88 std hatch too. cept he got it to work

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will be highly disappointed with the a1.
dont do it cheap the wrong way, do it good and right the first time. that way you wont have to worry about it.

and im done with this thread, no one ever takes my advice.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The guy who got a fully running d16a1 swap in his 88 STD (hey just like mine) live in washington, thank god its not tooo far away from me. The motor mounts he fabbed up work great, the drivers side mount goes from the P/S bolt hole to the stock motor mount and the rear and passenger mounts he fabbed up too. He also go the 4 speed tranny to work with it and the 4 speed starter too. so i think im goin to get into contact with him and try to get help with this, hell, even throw in some f**kin money his way for helpin too

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
talked to him on the phone, im backing out and just saving up for a damn ZC. He said that it took him around 6 months to get it to not run rich and he also kept blowing head gaskets, and seals. So i might as well just get a ZC and hold on to the POS d15 i have for right now. dont plan on selling the car anytime soon unless a deal comes around for a 4 door EF with a vtec motor. but that wont happen. so whats a good site to get a ZC from Green?

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know you are thinking by now that its funny that i spent about 2 weeks tellin you guys im not doin ZC and s**t, and then now im sayin hey, where can i get one? lol yeah they are 900 shipped now, but hey, im not complaining, thats the best price i have seen in a while for a full swap

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got the pics from my girls camera.....not very great. but here they are

wish i was tucked like this, lol

and now, the two shots that i think are the best i ever took:
numbero UNO:

Numbero dos:

anyways, im definatly getting that ZC from them Green, i guess i should send you like an e-card that says you rock or something. lol

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol nice choice on the zc....

and the car looks great now! you should paint your gas cover green as well ...

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i know about the gas cap, i wanted to see how it looked since i had a lot of satin sitting around. its definatly getting repainted, and then im painting the inside part of it where the cap really sits and stuff.

GETTING NEW OEM TAILLIGHTS TONIGHT!!!!!! trading a pos 12" sub to get them and im getting money on top of it. ill post some pictures after i cleaner wax them and then make them shiney!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
who needs a sound system? got out of that when i got my civic.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, now im just using a pioneer cheepy deck, and 2 cheepy 4.5 or 6 or whatever inch door speakers. just got those taillights, and i wont have them intil tomorrow night after work. gunna clean em, buff em up, and put all new bulbs in, and im also getting a new spoiler from my buddies shell. Mine has a broken stud, so ill just repaint this one to black , and then put washers on the back side to make it the agressive angle i have been after. so far i have 41 towards the engine, in two days, thats not that bad lol, and i dont get my check from last week till next week, boss in on vacation, and the checks are in his room.

also, im working on a deal to trade some stuff with a friend, and have him order some kyb front struts, or to order the engine, and ill pay off the 900 and he gets to pay interest after he gets the stuff he wants from me. I hope i can do that so i can get my ZC! lol, anyways.....update you later