apekd's slow build...56k....your safe....this time....>:|

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So today I decided to take off the spoiler and paint her black, just cause I dont want to go all panda, so I'll go partly panda.

Sorry i dont have pictures of the begining of working today.

So i stripped her off of my hatch, taped up the hole on the hatch so the rainy weather in oregon wont mess up my day.

Took 220 grit sandpaper and sanded her down smooth, yet enough to let the pant stick to her.

Well, this is how she looks now, sorry its bad, its from my celly

Ill be getting paint later today so i can do one more coat of primer, then a final coat of gloss black. I really cant wait to see how she looks, what sucks is that i go to cali from friday morning till monday, and wont see my baby for 4 days....so i hope to have this done tonight.

Thanks for lookin guys, all comments are a plus(as long as they are nice =) )

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it started to rain, so i had to give up before i got the first coat of flat black on it....should be finishing it up tomorrow though...if not, then ill be mad lol

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nah, i dont like satin that much, cept on the trim.
besides, im thinking of making my Shorty panda so satin wouldnt work out to well for me....but its a great idea though!
Just got the Gloss Black on, have one more gloss black to do, then one of clear. let it sit over night and i can put it on tomorrow :D:D

heres the pics of the gloss on it, ITS SO SHINEY! my girlfriend walked in and almost touched it lol, i freaked out kuz i dont have the time to redo it.

still primed!

so close to being done!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SWEETNESS! I just got it mounted up, as a mock up really, since i still need to wet sand it. But here is how it looks on my Shorty:

man, now i wish i had the time to wet sand it today, but i leave for cali in just a little bit.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WOOO HOOO!!!! My sister just dropped off more paint for me, so that way i can do my hatch black when its nice out, since i have to take it off of the body itsself. Im hoping to de-badge it with the bondo i have, and then get it painted in about 1 to 2 days total....this is goin to be fun....oh and its not the i painted the outside, its the I painted the in and outs of it, real black, not half and half lol

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you should just paint the whole car black lol....

should of left the spoiler red though.....should repaint the bumpers and side moldings red as well.....

i plan to paint my whole car white one day.....instead of having the black bumpers and side pieces....

idk i just like having the car one color....instead of 2 colors...

but hey....if you like it....then thats all that matters :thumbs up

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha yea man, i wanted it to be red and black, so i did....but now im goin to paint the whole front to gloss black, my buddys was just like mine, but whole front end was black and it looked sick as hell...i feel dumb...got wasted and decided to paint my corner lights and smoke em...word to the wise, smoked out clear lenses are gay unless its dark 24/7 man

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah....so i did some of the turtle wax (man, wish i had moneuy for good stuff) but really, my whole front looks sick as hell...but too bad my project doesnt keep me having red fendersstill..heh heh heh

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wish i had new rims....the ones i have on here are different then the ones on my garage...but i like em..they are off nissan sentras from like 93 on i think...they are like mini gsr blades

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well....i spent around 3 hours perfecting it....STUPID VALVES!!!! i spent 3 hours getting the valves to stop ticking...get up at 4 am to go to work....i had to loosen them all 1/8th turn...i was sooo pissed....not only did i work in the cold and rain..but i had to clock in late...losing an hour of pay....GAY! but hye..i get home, and took pictures to make sure that next time that they tick...i know where they were in case they moved.....i hate..hate..HATE adjusting valves lol

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HOLY COW BALLS!!! IT LOOKS SICK! Ok so im not goin to tell you the brand of paint, nor the type, all i say is that it comes out to be LighT Italian Olive....and its soooooo sick! lets put the price this way...bout 2 of them, got 4 cans for free! lol then got kick out of the store as the manager told me that i cant spray the colors in the paint aisle lol! but anyways guys, the plan for the hatch is to do the body with Olive, and then the Hood, Roof, Hatch, and Wing with gloss black...thank god i got enough paint for the front end, doors, rear quarters...now got to wait till autozone gets more paint...HAHA!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not bad. definitely could use some wetsanding and a buff.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well its the first coat on it...and the wet sanding is still to come too...theres a spot on the right fender that wont let the paint adhere so we let it sit out for 3 hours in the sun...man, what a wonder some time, and sunlight will do....but we have to take the fenders off again...*sigh*...kuz we need to take the doors out and then tape them off and paint the ins and outs of em....and then tomorrow im getting some scotch bright from work and starting on the roof if the weather here in oregon lets me....oh and a hint on the paint...its a primer....and is vurually water and rust proof...and no gloss will be put onto the Olive....oh yes....flat paint with gloss....and did you know that taking the god damn door moldings off is a pain in the ASS?!?!?! it took me about 30 min to figure out its one nut, and like, 6 clips.....and now all i have is the one nut...and 1 clip on each door mold lol....but flat black is a good color for the trim....the bumpers will get flat black too just cause i think that the trim has to match atleast.....well...its bed time...i gotta be up at 5 to go to work...hope my boss thinks my buddy and i did good on the paint...oh wait...hes is in texas...HAH LOL peace out guys...leave what ever comments you would like to

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just picked up some satin black from my brother just to see if it will look better than flat black...GOD DAMN!!!! im on the way to see my girlfriend and what the hell do you know?!?! a Del Sol FLIES by me,not at like 10 or 20 faster than me...more like 50 or 60 faster....i caught up with him and went to a 7 Eleven and he popped his hood..A turbo GSR......instanly :shockl: and i said how much power to the wheels and he says at 12 lbs he can push nearly 370....and right now he has it tuned for daily driving at only 4 lbs...but holy hell he was fast, goes around a corner leaving, and smoked his tires like butter.....gahhhhhhhh....i was drooling sooo much lol

today will be day 2 of painting with my secret paint HEH HEH HEH! and no one has guess what type of primer it is...and no one would think of using it anyways

Last edited:

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha ill have them up later tomorrow, im on my phone using the internet to post these replies lol....im on the way home from work...traffic up the ass man, and 2 wrecks....so it will take a while till im able to paint...maybe around 6 or so ill start painting