apekd's slow build...56k....your safe....this time....>:|

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont think the bulbs will make it change, do belive its all in teh ballist

if i didn thave these stupid projector headlights i would do 6000k HID, nice pure white light
no its not the ballasts, its the bulbs. well, its the amout of gasses in the bulbs is what makes the color what it is
hehe i love my blue 10k's :lol:
i think mine are either 7k or 8k...got them to stay...still pop out if i hit a HARD bump

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no its not the ballasts, its the bulbs. well, its the amout of gasses in the bulbs is what makes the color what it is

i think mine are either 7k or 8k...got them to stay...still pop out if i hit a HARD bump
use some sealant, like silicone s**t

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well its not that, i had to pull off the bulb retainers to get them in, and they still arent set in alllll the way,but they are most of the way in. so thats why they fall out....if i could get them to go in all the way then i would be set for the silicon.....but if i were to use it, would i use high heat or regular black?

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well today i started cutting up seom spare aluminum so i can start prcticing my tig welding. I hope to make the oil catch tank, and then weld some lines into the valve cover to attach it to it....also im kinda re-creating the wheel here, but im goin to fab up my own "ARC" racing intake. Just goin to make the arc racing box intake
instead of their little panel filters im goin to make the filter in the bottom goin down by the bumper, or off to the side after i move the battery...anyways.....im hella tired...didnt sleep last night, and went fishing at 4 am and didnt get back till 2 pm...later guys

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just use stock box, and make a DIY Ice box

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
two reasons, 1) i hate the way the stock boxes look, and 2) aluminum has been proven to give better cooling advantages over plastic. and besides, this will give me extra credit for school.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wel, since the only things i have at my house for fabbing things are a drill, wood, aluminum, and some bolts....i decided to make something most people want in their car....oh, and this only cost me like... .15 cents to make...dad brings home around 30 feet of 3 inch wide aluminum each month....for free lol

here it is

the camera mount....it looks nice...but ill paint it in the next week....and the only way it works is if i ziptie it into place....it wobbles a lot....ill have a video up soon from it...just need batteries

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok....thats it....this is final........

IM BUYING MEGASQUIRT1 3.0!!!!!! spending 200 to get it, and then my buddy is fabbing up some...uh...certain parts....that will be perfect for it......f**k the pr4 ecu and s**t.....after seeing how many people use MS, i cant believe i didnt think of using it.....so after the motors built and the "certain" parts are made, MS will be purchased....shipped....assembled.....and then running on my motor......im in a great mood right now

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well today was fun.

1) at work i take out a turbo out of a 6.0 DIT Ford, put it back in just rebuilt. start it up, runs fine, then, boom. the exhaust side blows a chunk out...f**k....another 3 hour job....f**k
2) cleaned out the exhaust ports on the head. got just the 3rd and 4th ports left
3) drove out to Multnomah Falls, took the historic hwy. hella fun....stopped at crown point, watched a few s13's drifting around the crazy corners.....f**k taht was a fun day/night

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i have a delema. i want to do high comp, but im getting mixed signals about CTR and ITR pistons, after doing the compression checker on 3 different sites, the CTR's CR stays the same but the ITR moves around. anyone have an idea on what the itr realy would be?