'00 EM1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, calling it a night...got my front coilovers on and got the LCA bolt out of the driver's rear side, but the passenger side rear LCA bolt broke...gonna try and cut it out in about 3 hours when the sun comes up lol..I'll have pictures up tomorrow after I adjust the ride height to where I want it.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update:

We were able to cut off the rear struts, but the bolt that broke in the LCA is not coming out...and neither is the LCA...got a new LCA coming in the mail and trying to get two more OEM LCA bolts and I'm just gonna have to take it to a shop and have them cut the bolts off and replace the LCA with my bolts...so I won't be running with a rear sway bar for a while, but it doesn't help that much anyway lol. Oh well...I'm lucky enough to have some great friends that are helping me out with this whole thing...

Can't believe one bolt can turn a 3 hour project into a 1-2 week project......learned my lesson..

But here are some pix from after the front and before the rears:
Completely slammed on the front coilovers, as low as they go lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really like your car. Can't wait to see the finished slammed pics.

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Yea man this thing is being a big pain in our ass atm lol but well get er done :D

Sent from my DROIDX

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Use a torch to heat up those bolts and u can knock them out with a hammer and a rod...tht nut is only tac welded...trust me I went thru the SAME thing...I had to use a grinder to cut mines b4 I found use using a torch works better...hope this helps.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Use a torch to heat up those bolts and u can knock them out with a hammer and a rod...tht nut is only tac welded...trust me I went thru the SAME thing...I had to use a grinder to cut mines b4 I found use using a torch works better...hope this helps.
My grandpa's got a propane torch that I was gonna try. I'm giving the air hammer a try if the torch doesn't work lol. The only problem is that I don't wanna burn out the bushing with the torch cause then I have to replace the LCA. I've already got a new LCA but I can't get any of the other bolts to come off that secure the LCA to my car...lol

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got my coilovers on finally! The alignment is surprisingly perfect lol. I'll have pictures up as soon as CJ89 uploads them.

Gotta get a new sway bar end linkage since I had to cut mine in half to get my LCA off..but not much big stuff is going onto my car. My focus is gonna be paying off my credit card for a few months. After that I may consider doing a b20v swap again. Haven't fully decided yet.

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Yea i used a torch and hammer and it did not budge it. Only way that sucker is coming out is with a press and i dont have one. I gave that bolt everything i had... It was not going anywhere.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A few pictures of how she sits now, probably gonna lower the front about a half inch this weekend.

Had to cut some bushings off

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much are you lowered? Doesnt look much different than stock.
Haven't really measured how much I am stock. I think I've raised it 2.75" in the front and back from the lowest the coilovers will let me go. I'm gonna be lowering it more, just slowly as I learn how low it can go without scraping everything on the roads I drive on and as I learn how to drive my car lowered lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, sir!

It's coming off as soon as I repaint my car lol. Pulling dents, fixing scratches, and re-clearing :P
good! will look much better

i also request moving the coils all the way back down, i do it, daily, no issues really

Status
Not open for further replies.