'00 EM1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I found the paint job I want to do to my car..dipyourcar.com..only $323 after shipping for the kit. Check out the dipyourcar videos on youtube if you're curious. Still gotta work on my motor before the paint job, but that's next on the list!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plasti dip...

Im still not quite sure how i feel about that stuff...

U can easily paint your car for 300-400 bucks if u do all the bodywork and spray it yourself with real paint...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just like that if something chips your paint on say, your fender. All you have to do is peel off the paint on the fender and repaint it. I'm thinking about trying it out and if i don't like it I can peel it off and I only lost like $150 on the price of the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya its ur car and ur money. Its neat and all, but im just not sold on it yet...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
......and why have i not been told of this blasphemy? That car will be painted with real paint sir! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
......and why have i not been told of this blasphemy? That car will be painted with real paint sir! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX
I was gonna show you the video next time we hung out lol. It's actually really cool and looks awesome.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I found the paint job I want to do to my car..dipyourcar.com..only $323 after shipping for the kit. Check out the dipyourcar videos on youtube if you're curious. Still gotta work on my motor before the paint job, but that's next on the list!
Nice car man. JEALOUS as hell that you got an EM1 for 4k. That's way good.
I have a buddy who plastidipped his rims, and they came out pretty cool. A whole car, though, that's sketch.. Not gonna lie...I'd personally lean more toward a legit paint job than the plastidip.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car man. JEALOUS as hell that you got an EM1 for 4k. That's way good.
I have a buddy who plastidipped his rims, and they came out pretty cool. A whole car, though, that's sketch.. Not gonna lie...I'd personally lean more toward a legit paint job than the plastidip.
I suppose you guys have a point, I planned on going white rims anyway and it's pretty cheap. I may do that in a couple weeks when I start working on my motor. Most likely sending the head away to get rebuilt for $275 + parts from a good, reliable shop.

CJ89

Registered VIP
I suppose you guys have a point, I planned on going white rims anyway and it's pretty cheap. I may do that in a couple weeks when I start working on my motor. Most likely sending the head away to get rebuilt for $275 + parts from a good, reliable shop.
Zerolift?

Sent from my DROIDX

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zerolift?

Sent from my DROIDX
Automotive Parts & Machine Shop, Inc. It's the same place my dad went to a long time ago to get motor work done on his mustang. And it was recommended to me by another friend, too.

Darth_Civic

sick build i just bought a black em1 similar to yours so I'm gettin some cool ideas. how do you make the cartoon sig? google only came up with an s2k sig maker :/

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sick build i just bought a black em1 similar to yours so I'm gettin some cool ideas. how do you make the cartoon sig? google only came up with an s2k sig maker :/
I made it in paint myself. I'll post the complete picture with all the bumpers and such here in a bit for you to customize. I just do it in paint.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a good picture of while I was working on it, before I lowered it and put different rims on. And thanks for the praise on my build! It's not much yet, but it's still a pretty fun car. Just gotta get work done on the motor so it's reliable.

CJ89

Registered VIP
Here's a good picture of while I was working on it, before I lowered it and put different rims on. And thanks for the praise on my build! It's not much yet, but it's still a pretty fun car. Just gotta get work done on the motor so it's reliable.

Yea about that! You ever finish mine?

Sent from my DROIDX

Darth_Civic

i hear ya maintenance first hen the fun stuff I'm going to fix my a/c then go for cai and a type r intake manifold hopefully soon ill get my own build thread going but it'll be a slow one since I'm broke :/

CJ89

Registered VIP
i hear ya maintenance first hen the fun stuff I'm going to fix my a/c then go for cai and a type r intake manifold hopefully soon ill get my own build thread going but it'll be a slow one since I'm broke :/
Join the club lol

Sent from my DROIDX

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea about that! You ever finish mine?

Sent from my DROIDX
Oh yeah...lol. I still gotta finish that lol

Yeah man, Idk if I can even call my thread a build thread lol. Not too much has been done to my car besides bolt ons and coilovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.