superhead's super-slow wagovan build

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I want this to be my driveway someday

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There was a decent looking RT4WD wagon on CL here recently, but the guy wanted like $4k for it. Way too much. Only way I'd pay that much for one is if it was completely immaculate.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea paying 4 grand for a car that's over 20 years old is ridiculous. I bet you that wagon that's lifted feels like its starting in 2nd every time it sets off. Unless he has a different engine in there. Still cool nonetheless.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Possibly, but the RT4WDs have a little bit more powerful motor and a granny gear.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Yea paying 4 grand for a car that's over 20 years old is ridiculous. I bet you that wagon that's lifted feels like its starting in 2nd every time it sets off. Unless he has a different engine in there. Still cool nonetheless.
Price/age shouldn't be the rule. I can think of many scenarios where a 20+ year old car is worth $4k all day. At least early model Civics are getting harder and harder to come by so the value will only continue to rise for the cleanest ones.

As for the wagon.. Man I love these things. I can't wait to start a build thread on mine. I've decided to build my blue one and just keep my red one as a daily. Keep the pics coming man!

... And what's your thoughts on a wagon roof rack? I'm excited to get one actually. And then once I have a K (turbo?) in it, I plan to carry around ridiculous stuff in it and race people. Then when I blow the doors off they'll be like "Did that guy have an inflatable pool whale on his car?" .. Then his girl will say "Why don't you drive a wagon dear?" ...

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaa BOIIIII!!! :thumbs up .. good life

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Hahaha... Nice. I probably won't do a roof rack on this one, but if I ever get a 4WD one I'll probably lift it and put one on it. Speaking of older civics, there's a pretty decent looking 1977 Civic CVCC for $700 near me. I want it so bad, but I already have two cars now and I still live at home lol. Here's a pic.

Speaking of Civic CVCCs, I want to find a steering wheel from one to put in my wagon. Like this:

Looks like a Nardi but it's OEM Honda. Awesomeness! Only ones I can find right now are like $200 though lol.

I'm also thinking about buying some drawer grip pad stuff and putting it in my dash tray like this:

Looks nice and it keeps stuff from sliding around.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I love the older Civic's, but not a fan of 87 and less wagon's. Yuck! I bought a Corolla wagon once that I had all these wet dreams about but once I had it sitting in my driveway I decided it wasn't for me anymore. Once we start talking pre 87 on most cars, they have to be 2 door coupe's. Though I don't mind a 4 door once in a while. Owned a 74 (I think it was) Datsun 510. That thing was dope!! KA swap from a 240sx. 4 doors, but still awesome.

Anyway... Love the rack though. Keg and a scooter??? WIN! LOL.. Steering wheel is dope too. They look clean for sure, but i'm not into them personally. I'm going for a modern/sporty look in mine when I get to it.... Some day

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
510s are sweet. There's a guy around here with one and he's going full out JDM on it.

That air dam is sitting on the ground in front of the car, so when it gets put on it will be behind the oil cooler. I love it. I really like the old-school Japanese style.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If I ever found a 510 around here i'd scoop that thing up so fast!! Love those cars. I've also got a woody for the old GTR's but like that will ever happen.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I found a guy about two hours away selling a CVCC steering wheel. Unfortunately it's just the hard black plastic one I think, but he's selling it cheap enough that I'm thinking about buying it to use until I can find a wooden one, or just buy a new one. In other news, I just discovered the existence of the Honda City Turbo II, and I want one so bad now lol.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
couple of weeks ago, guy around here had an 82 civic hatch for sale for around $1200-$1400. Looked to be all original paint, interior. Was worn but clean, no tears or missing vinyl. manual trans as well

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol thats what i was afraid you were gonna do...

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol... well I don't think it looks bad, and it keeps stuff from sliding around, which is super annoying.plus the only oem Honda ones I've seen were like $300, and that ain't happening.