CC Beer Thread

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melting Pot is so overrated. Fondue was a tradition in my family, so ours is so much better. And it's not $100 :lol:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Melting Pot is so overrated. Fondue was a tradition in my family, so ours is so much better. And it's not $100 :lol:
Truth be spoken. It's VERY expensive and overrated, I agree. Could easily get a nice fondue set and make a better variety of stuff at home for the price of one of those visits.

Happy St Patty's day, hoping everyone gets a nice tasty pint of Guinness fresh off the tap today!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
beer is such a hipster drink now. those little queers ruin everything.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wreckless Hype, did you have another name before this one?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been drinking a lot of IPA's lately....

Southern Tier 2XIPA.... :yummy:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ipa's are the super trendy beer right now, be it i understand why, they are tasty, Belgium style are really where its at ;)

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I like IPA's, but i can only have so much of it before the hoppyness gets old

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm currently hooked on Summer Shandy. I had it at a wedding a few weekends ago and nearly stole the keg. My tally by 6pm was 15 solo cups. I could not get enough of it!

I normally stick with Angry Orchard, Woodchuck Cider, PBR, Fat Tire and local Goose Island. I'm planning on going to Milwaukee next month for Italian fest and hoping to try others.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
my wife loves shandy, she goes through a shitload of it. i don't mind the taste, but it usually gives me heartburn.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I find Summer Shandy has too much of a "someone put beer in my lemonade" flavor. I think Summer Ale has a better "Ale" flavor with the hints of lemon, not the other way around.

I checked out a new bar & grill by my house and got a Dirty Blonde, which was Stella with Guinness over it, was delicious. I also find Stella alone to be delicious.

I live pretty close to Carton Brewery and Kane Brewery. Carton I could care less for, Kane is hit or miss but I try it often.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not big on shandy's, Stella, or Guinness lol. I only allow myself to drink Guinness when it's part of a car bomb.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol to stella and Guinness, that is a half and half, but with a worse beer

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol to stella and Guinness, that is a half and half, but with a worse beer
Place has Guinness on tap but I asked if they had Harp and looked at me like some kind of a*****e. I'll drink Harp often when I'm not looking to drink a loaf of bread; usually when it warms up outside.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can't do Summer Shandy. It doesn't really resemble a real German Shandy either. I was hooked on those things when I went to Germany a few years ago, but I cringe at the Summer Shandy. I tried making a shandy myself once, too. I used the powdered lemonade mix. It was nasty - kind of tasted like Summer Shandy to me. lol.

I don't know the proper way to do it, but the Germans have it down!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Somewhat off topic, but does anybody drink Mead? I like some, and really hate some other ones. I'm looking for some decent brands if anyone has recommendations. I'm not big on the overly artificially sweetened / syrupy / cough syrup tasting ones. I prefer more of the pure honey taste, dry or sweet..

Last edited:

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The after taste is terrible with the Summer Shandy. So I chew gum with it.