Not open for further replies.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are u sure her car isnt a 7th gen?

And do what u want man. Dont let people on here tell u what to do.

If u like mesh wheels, then get rid of ur si's. But i agree with crash-- blades r the way to go! I wish i wouldve never sold my set i had!

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always get the gens mixed up...its a 2001 ex so idk if thats sixth or seventh

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you guys think about the Yokohama TR2's I was going to get them from Discount Tire in 185-60-15 for only $430 for mount, balance, warranty, everything. I think the deal sounds good, but my buddy was telling me he would still rather get Kumho Ecsta's and I think the TR2's are better than the Ecsta's. What do you guys think?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree, 185's might be a bit too skinny for me. I would at least go with 195. Yokohama's are great tires though. I would go for them over the Khumos.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with 15 inch rims you'll want to run either a 195/50 or 195/55. I personally am running a set of 195/50's and I can't find a complaint (except for the fact that they are cheaper tires and the grip isn't great but it isn't bad either).

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you guys think about the Yokohama TR2's I was going to get them from Discount Tire in 185-60-15 for only $430 for mount, balance, warranty, everything. I think the deal sounds good, but my buddy was telling me he would still rather get Kumho Ecsta's and I think the TR2's are better than the Ecsta's. What do you guys think?
i cant answer this question. i plan on running a 165/45 on my 15x8s once these tires that came with die. hopefully thats soon

and ill be buying federals off of ebay

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, 185s were all they had in stock supposedly. I'm not gonna get new tires anytime soon since my trip to Hawaii for spring break is gonna set me back quite a ways. So hopefully when I get around to buying them they'll have 195s in stock.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy 165/45s off ebay and ill trade you my 195/45. should cost you around 300, im willing to give you some cash on top lol

just kidding, if only you werent in ohio

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy 165/45s off ebay and ill trade you my 195/45. should cost you around 300, im willing to give you some cash on top lol

just kidding, if only you werent in ohio
Haha, yeah shipping tires would suck. Do you really trust the tires you get off of ebay?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As long as the seller has good rep and lots of it, no reason not to trust eBay sellers.

Si's> meshies IMO.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, yeah shipping tires would suck. Do you really trust the tires you get off of ebay?
yup. i know tons of people running federals and i know people running those exact specs on same size wheels. no worries for me. but stretch isnt for everyone

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when I had 17's on my car I was running federals and they held up quite well. I was running 205/40's. they aren't a bad tire at all

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After much long debate I've decided that it's gonna be too much to hold onto my meshies and my si's and get them sandblasted. From what I've seen it's about $85 per tire to get it sandblasted. Just picked up a new set of rims and tires from zerolift, 16" Dunlop Direzzas. Plus I just don't have the room to store all of these sets of rims. If anybody is in the southern Ohio area I've got a post up on craigslist for them. Wanting $100 for the steelies and $250 for the meshies.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/2815091865.html
http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/2815079779.html

On a lighter note, once I get ahold of some tuner lugs I'm gonna put these Direzzas on. I really like the look, plus they have all-season performance tires on with pretty great tread. I'm just not sure if these have the same size centercaps as the si's do...gotta do some research on that lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
85 to get a wheel sandblasted? no way in hell its that much. call some shops and ask. there is a place near me that will sandblast and powdercoat a wheel for 40-50 each

Status
Not open for further replies.